+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Trip: Jupiter Goliath Grouper CCR Trip

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

Upcoming Trip: Jupiter Goliath Grouper CCR Trip 09/08/2007

UnderwaterJournal.com is organizing a rebreather only day to dive the Hole-in-the-wall off Jupiter, Florida September 8th, 2007

We will be diving with Emerald Diver (Emerald Charters - http://www.emeraldcharters.com) for a fun day out to dive with the goliath groupers at Jupiter’s famed Hole-in-the-Wall (depth 140 feet).

This dive will be followed by dives at both the Esso Bonaire wreck (in 90 feet) and the MG-111 wreck (60 feet). Like the Hole-in-the-Wall, these two wreck sites are goliath grouper spawning ground sites where you will have the opportunity to see many as 45 of the immense groupers assembled together at one time per site.

To see what these events can look like go (if you haven’t already done so) to www.underwaterjournal.com and download Issue 3 with the feature on goliath groupers. Several of the images where taken at all three of these sites. The last week of August to mid September is the peak of the goliath grouper’s spawning season on Florida’s East Coast.

The boat is a 42-foot USCG certified for 22 divers, docked at Seagate Marina located on US1 3 miles North of Indiantown Road. Boat leaves the dock at 9:00 am with our return at 4:00 pm. The only thing really dictating bottom time duration will be our return time back at the dock.

This trip is only going to be for those with CCR’s and SCR’s with space for 9 divers max.

On board will be me (Walt Stearns) and Douglas Ebersole.

Costs is $100 per diver – which includes a box lunch (the sandwiches are good) and soft drinks.

In addition lots of goliath groupers - being that it is the middle of their spawning season where a single aggregation at each of these sites can exceed 40 individuals weighing 200 to 350 pounds each, you stand a good chance of seeing sharks (reef, bulls and hammerhead) and sea turtles. And that’s just the big stuff.

If you would to go, pm me here send an e-mail to info@uwjournal.com
    Last edited by Walt Stearns; 15th December 2008 at 12:46.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Upcoming Jupiter Goliath Grouper CCR Trip

Any SCRUBs want to do this one? :)

RBW Member BellaTiburon is an unknown quantity at this point BellaTiburon's Avatar

WOW!!! Walt those shots are amazing! I want to come dive.

It was great to finally meet you. I can't wait to see the shots!!!

I talked to Mark at Fill Express about the new Dive Rite units...what is their deal? Any thoughts on them?

Cheers,

Jillian

RBW Member Ryan is on a distinguished road Ryan is on a distinguished road Ryan's Avatar

If there is still space, I'm in. I just left Randy a voicemail.

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Walt:

The photos are great! It looks like you're getting a lot of interest. Don't forget to hold me a spot!!! :)

Doug

RBW Member steveflight is an unknown quantity at this point steveflight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    Any SCRUBs want to do this one? :)
    PM sent..
    If there's space left I'll love to go..

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

oh, now I see...

It's the day before I get back from dving in Michigan

Next time for sure!!

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Upcoming Trip: Jupiter Goliath Grouper CCR Trip

It sounds like Dartagnansmith, PadiPro and I are interested in this one. Marc is out of town until the 15th or so, but I bet he would be interested.

MemPilot?
    Last edited by ScubaDadMiami; 13th August 2007 at 03:29.

Rather be Diving eanxdiver is on a distinguished road eanxdiver is on a distinguished road eanxdiver's Avatar
    rEvo

Classic KISS

We are a party of 2 and would like to join this trip as well. PM sent.
    Thanks

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

Counting myself and Doug, we have the following for Sept 8th :
    • Ryan
    • Steve
    • ScubaDadMiami
    • Dartagansmith
    • Padipro
    • Eanxdiver, plus 0ne
    There is space for one more.

+ Reply to Thread