+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New book about mCCR

RBW Member J. V. will become famous soon enough J. V. will become famous soon enough J. V. will become famous soon enough J. V.'s Avatar

New book about mCCR

In french, of course. :p
    But there is some Rebreatherworld guys inside. Try to found them !

The cover:
    Untitled Document

Editions Eugen Ulmer

Les Recycleurs

Principes, gestion, stratégies de décompression

by Jacques Vettier

The first and only book which speaks in french about mCCR !
    Available in library and scuba shop / disponible en librairie et magasin de plongée

Many divers think that rebreathers are the future of diving. And actually, since a couple of years, these bizarre machines have been gaining boat decks, lake shores and spring basins. They have been initriguing the newbie as much as they scare him. It's because so much is said about them ... They would be so performant but so difficult to master.
    Done in the same spirit as the previous book, Nitrox Trimix, this book aims to demystify closed circuit rebreathers. Through the more user friendly models, the mCCR, the famous Kiss-like, it exposes some points that are specific to them and extends to more general questions, that a candidate to a closed circuit rebreather can have : use of sorb, decompression with constant ppO2, configuration, computers, bailout.
    It is not a "diving manual", as experience is acquired in the water, but a door opened to a future ... already present !
    Sommaire / Summary

- Les recycleurs:une grande famille / rebreathers: a large family
    - La boucle / the loop
    - L’injection / injection
    - Blocs, détenteurs et connectique / tanks, regulators and connexions
    - Le contrôle O2 / O2 control
    - Un exemple de transformation: l’IDA-71 / modification exemple: IDA-71
    - Les risques / risks
    - Les stratégies de décompression / decompression strategies
    - La configuration / configuration
    - Les ordinateurs / computers
    - Les autres moyens de décompression / other way for decompression
    - La réchappe / bailout
    - Le nettoyage / cleaning
    - Les surpresseurs / boosters
    Annexes (tables Héliox à PpO2 cst)/( Heliox constant PpO2 decompression tables)

Ouroboros #31 mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias's Avatar

Re: New book about mCCR

great book jacques ! thx

Hi Jacques and all,

I haven't yet bougth the book but I will.
    however I can testify that Jacques has a very interresting vision of rebreather diving.
    Instead of lingering In a theoretical field this guy has always showed a practical and very intelligent approach of rebreathers.
    I met Jacques in the early days of kiss-like diving in France, and was really amazed to see how fast he got in the rebreather world, kissing absolutly perfectly an Ida he dived succesfully every where he went.
    I remember a couple of dives I did with Jacques where I was a little bit jealous of this guy that had absolutly not trouble with his machine where I had connexion problems, électronic problems, configuration problems... Jacques was really calm watching me fighting with my crap home modified dolphin (((-: .
    I am sure that his book will reflect his rebreather approach.
    Jacques please have it translated in English for all non French speaking rb divers.

regards

jean mi

Quote Originally Posted by J. V.  View Original Post
    But there is some Rebreatherworld guys inside. Try to found them !

The cover:
    Untitled Document

Editions Eugen Ulmer

Les Recycleurs

Principes, gestion, stratégies de décompression

by Jacques Vettier

The first and only book which speaks in french about mCCR !
    Available in library and scuba shop / disponible en librairie et magasin de plongée

Many divers think that rebreathers are the future of diving. And actually, since a couple of years, these bizarre machines have been gaining boat decks, lake shores and spring basins. They have been initriguing the newbie as much as they scare him. It's because so much is said about them ... They would be so performant but so difficult to master.
    Done in the same spirit as the previous book, Nitrox Trimix, this book aims to demystify closed circuit rebreathers. Through the more user friendly models, the mCCR, the famous Kiss-like, it exposes some points that are specific to them and extends to more general questions, that a candidate to a closed circuit rebreather can have : use of sorb, decompression with constant ppO2, configuration, computers, bailout.
    It is not a "diving manual", as experience is acquired in the water, but a door opened to a future ... already present !
    Sommaire / Summary

- Les recycleurs:une grande famille / rebreathers: a large family
    - La boucle / the loop
    - L’injection / injection
    - Blocs, détenteurs et connectique / tanks, regulators and connexions
    - Le contrôle O2 / O2 control
    - Un exemple de transformation: l’IDA-71 / modification exemple: IDA-71
    - Les risques / risks
    - Les stratégies de décompression / decompression strategies
    - La configuration / configuration
    - Les ordinateurs / computers
    - Les autres moyens de décompression / other way for decompression
    - La réchappe / bailout
    - Le nettoyage / cleaning
    - Les surpresseurs / boosters
    Annexes (tables Héliox à PpO2 cst)/( Heliox constant PpO2 decompression tables)

RBW Member J. V. will become famous soon enough J. V. will become famous soon enough J. V. will become famous soon enough J. V.'s Avatar

Thank you Jean-Michel.
    But in this book there is parts of DragerKiss spirit, which was your job.
    All is in all -ou qqchose comme ça. :)

RBW Member Edmund will become famous soon enough Edmund will become famous soon enough Edmund will become famous soon enough Edmund's Avatar

Traslate it to english, and I'll buy it. And so will alot of others.

You're right.
    But it probably take less time you learn french !... :p

Gilberto Bonaga, Italy gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo's Avatar
    Kiss with Hammerhead

Draeger Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by J. V.  View Original Post
    How to buy it from Italy?

Amazon france?

Ouroboros #31 mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias's Avatar

for online orders from italy: http://www.editions-ulmer.fr

How to buy it from Italy?
    Amazon france?
    As says Mathias, it's possible on the editor website. But you can on Alapage.fr :
    Livre: RECYCLEURS MCCR- PRINCIPES, GESTION, STR, Jacques Vettier,
    or Amazon.fr :
    Amazon.fr: Recycleurs - Amazon.fr: Livres, Livres en anglais, Musique, DVD, Vidéo, Logiciels, Jeux vidéo, Image & Son, Micro & Photo

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund  View Original Post
    ditto!

Gill Envy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast