+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the Thingy Called?

RBW Member Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback's Avatar
    rEvo Standard II

IDA-71, Desco, Homebuilt

What's the Thingy Called?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get the final pieces for my IDA-71 together and I need some help. What's the thing called that I glue (or otherwise attach) to my CL so that I can put O2 sensors inside? From all of the photos it appears to be some sort of black ring.

A couple of other questions. Where can I purchase one and do I need anything else to make it waterproof when I put the sensors in?

Pictures would help.

Hank

RBW Member DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee's Avatar

Re: What's the Thingy Called?

Hi Hank

The female recepticle is the part that you glue into the counterlung.

You'll also need the mating male part(s) to plug the hole, feed the sensor wires thru, and keep the water out.

On my little RGU 2 rig,..the pre-prototype model. the concept work is about 90 % done, fairly extensive customizing parts ordering is about 80% done, and started putting some parts together.. I'm beginning to feel a bit enthusiastic.

Ouroboros #31 mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias's Avatar

hi hank,
    i never put some glue on the p-port, and its stil waterproof since 2 years

Still Learning Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose's Avatar

In the US you can get them from

San Diego Scuba Diving - Divers Gear Equipment Southern California - Dive San Diego

Dave ******, myself and others have used them to provide an easy entry point for O2 Cell holders.

on my website it can be found at

Homebuilt Stuff for My Rebreather Project

then click on classic convertable

+ Reply to Thread