+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bikini: no penetration?

Bloody Rebreathers! Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell's Avatar
    O2ptima, Sentinel, Prism 2

Inspiration & KISS & Poseidon

Exclamation Bikini: no penetration?

Hi guys,

Has anyone heard any rumours about wreck penetration NO LONGER being allowed on the Saratoga?

I have just spoken to a diver who has just returned, and let me assure you that he and the rest of the group are not real happy.

I believe that this policy has only just been implemented. We have queries in with Bikini as I type this, and will report back when we get answers from them.

Cheers Jason

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

Re: Bikini: no penetration?

was out in majuro in december, and they were talking about it cause the flight deck was collapsing. almost not worth the hastle of getting out to there.

Emoticonoclast dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman is a jewel in the rough dantheman's Avatar

There was a huuuge (somewhat on-topic ) thread about this
    over at TDS over the last several months.

One gist I got from it was that the dive ops team there wanted folks to stay a second week,
    during which they would be "permitted" "limited" penetration.

(disclaimer: I've never been, and likely never will )

--dan

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

We had a group of 11 divers from our shop in Bikini 3 weeks ago. They allowed VERY limited penetration on the Saratoga, but it was mostly closed to penetration due to excessive collapse going on. I don't think it was due to experience level because many in the group were experienced wreck and cave divers.

1 Grumpy ole skipper Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle's Avatar
    Classic KISS, Sentinel

SCR - CCR Dolphin

I've just returned from a 2 week stay & can confirm limited penetration in the first week & far more in the second--- depending on a few factors.
    Like,
    1, the least experienced will hold the group back.
    2, one on one when they are guiding but sometimes two will be lucky if they feel comfortable in the divers ability.
    3, some areas are off limits due to the deterioration of the wreck.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Scuttle  View Original Post
    I've just returned from a 2 week stay & can confirm limited penetration in the first week & far more in the second--- depending on a few factors.
    Like,
    1, the least experienced will hold the group back.
    2, one on one when they are guiding but sometimes two will be lucky if they feel comfortable in the divers ability.
    3, some areas are off limits due to the deterioration of the wreck.
    Hey, Very cool. I have sent a PM to get a bit more info on this.......

eguil eguil is an unknown quantity at this point eguil's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Drager Dolphin

Hi,

I was there in Apr 2007 and did little or no penetration on the Saratoga. Just one of the dives a little penetration was done with just 3 divers. Reason given was she is unstable. We were also not allowed near the tower.
    We were an experienced group and did not expect this. Also they really do not want rebreathers there and if you do decide to bring one you still must dive the dive guides profile. The guides are on twins with air and a deco station with 75%.

+ Reply to Thread