+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hammered Azimuth

RBW Member pockets is an unknown quantity at this point pockets's Avatar
    Hammerhead Inspo

Dolphin, Ray, DC55, azimuth

Hammered Azimuth

Hi folks,
    I have been reading with interest, the discussion of the new hammerhead and was wondering if anyone has used a HH to upgrade an Azimuth? Picture me laughing like a true mad scientist Bwahahahahaha!

Cheers
    pockets

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: Hammered Azimuth

Don't remember reading anything quite like it, but I like the idea.
    The Azi is way overbuild as a recreational SCR, but the size and weight
    wouldn't be out of order as a trimix capable eCCR.

The scrubber is capable of cahsing the checks the Hammerhead writes,
    so that should be a pretty nice rig (unless you travel a lot by plane). :D

And for people who don't like granular sorb in a good, radial scrubber
    there's the Micropore option ... and all with backmounted, enclosed CLs.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

I talked about that a few years ago with Kevin Jerguensen. Stephane is right the Azi is way overbuilt for rec SCR. We know it supports a Kiss conversion very well to give a tough but heavy ccr. Still very good if you don't travel with it but a pain if you have to catch a plane.
    Philippe Gerin
    Now, getting it Hammerheaded is easy and is not. The main prob is to:
    1) make a 3 cell carrier: either something like Dave ******'s. Probably the best solution or something that fits where I had put the ADV, but then it pushes the inhale CL down below, so beware of the connection with the canister.
    2) Make a box (a hub) to fit the wiring that connects to the main controler and 2ndary/DIVA. Something similar to the Subsea HUB can surely be made.

So if I had to make it now, I would start with a Kissed Azi (continous O2 flow and manual O2 add valve) I would get a 3 cell carrier similar to Dave's, a hub similar to Subsea's. The solenoid would be plugged at the same point than the manual O2 on a T and off to the water. Use the Hammerhead as a parachute or main controller if you fit the Kiss valve with the plug.

Best
    Philippe
    Last edited by Philippe GERIN; 17th July 2007 at 16:24.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

TecMe in Germany also make tripple sensor housings for Azimuth. ;)

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Well....

Phillipe is right, the Azimuth would probably be a great machine to turn into a "HammerAzi" but I would need one for about a month to figure out the best way to do it - or, we could provide the means for someone else to update one.

And you know... this one causes me pain... but Dave ****** was the first one to suggest the "HammerAzi" approach. Ugh....!

There. I said it.

:o........:D

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

He probably dropped that thought, though. ;)

RBW Member pockets is an unknown quantity at this point pockets's Avatar
    Hammerhead Inspo

Dolphin, Ray, DC55, azimuth

Cheers guys

The plan is to take things easy for a while. get used to the unit as it comes but pretty soon add a revodream (my Oxygauge/floodomatic not being Ideal) and Tecme housing then later, maybe a submatix O2 booster. mostly because "Kiss my Azi" is too much for my infantile mind to resist:D

After that well.. dive lotts, work out the bugs and allow my bank account to recover while I contemplate the ever improving HH. I like tough. I like the redundancy and my one Explorer I can tell, is just waiting for me to stick my neck out.

Remember kiddies don't try this at home. I'm a :-
    (professional ) ( idiot! )
    Tick box as appropriate.;)

be safe and walk before running
    Pockets

RBW Member DarthVern is an unknown quantity at this point DarthVern's Avatar

Hey Kevin

I have an Azi I am not diving, I would be willing to let you borrow for a few weeks. In fact it has been sitting around for about 6 months now. I have all the components to "KISS" it [thanks Philippe] just have not gotten around to finishing it. I have the original scrubber and the Micropore scrubber and the BobH ADV.

A very nice East Coast wreck diving unit [since I drive it there] never planning on taking it on a plane.

Anyway thought I would float it out there, if it helps.

-Vern

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

[quote=heyydude;126719]Well....

Phillipe is right, the Azimuth would probably be a great machine to turn into a "HammerAzi" but I would need one for about a month to figure out the best way to do it - or, we could provide the means for someone else to update one.

quote]

Have three AZ's on the shop floor right now, all waiting conversions. I'll send you one back in the box that you send my other rig to me in, whever that is.

Dave