+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: question about iantd

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

question about iantd

Hi all,

I have a question about the Iantd standards. Is it possible to go from Iantd ccr rebreather DIVER to Iantd normoxic ccr rebreather INSRUCTOR without having to dive OC?

Thanks,

Peter

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Peter,

AFAIK, I don't think so.

The prerequisites to be an IANTD Normoxic Trimix CCR Instructor are:
    • CCR Instructor
    • Trimix Diver (i.e. OC)
    • Assist in training prgram, and minimum courses taught, etc...

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar
    Isn't it possible to take the Trimix Diver course with a rebreather?

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver
    Isn't it possible to take the Trimix Diver course with a rebreather?
    Yes, it is.
    • Take the standard CCR course.
    • Dive for 100 hours with air diluent
    • Have the prerequisites, and take the CCR Norm/Trimix courses
    I see why you ask, and I thought of the same. However, reading the IANTD standards, I can't understand for sure if the prerequisite for the Instructor is OC Trimix Diver or not...

Perhaps someone more fluent with the IANTD standards could clarify.

I just went thru the same process, but I already had my OC Trimix cert since 1998.

Any IANTD instructor or instructor trainer out there that can answer my question?

I do all my own stunts shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back's Avatar
    they are all up north diving the op2tima

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    Hi all,

I have a question about the Iantd standards. Is it possible to go from Iantd ccr rebreather DIVER to Iantd normoxic ccr rebreather INSRUCTOR without having to dive OC?

Thanks,

Peter
    Hi Peter,

This is from the IANTD standards for a Trimix Instructor

1. Must be qualified as CCR Instructor in Active Teaching Status
    2. Must be qualified in at least one of the following:

a. An IANTD OC Trimix Instructor who is a CCR Instructor and has 150 Rebreather Dives including 50 dives on the CCR to become a CCR Trimix Instructor on.
    b. Must have been a CCR or OC Normoxic Instructor for at least one year with proof of a minimum of at least 50 logged Trimix dives, who has taught 6 CCR Diver programs of which 3 must have been Normoxic Trimix Diver Programs
    c. CCR Instructors crossing over from one CCR to another CCR may complete a crossover at the highest level of CCR instructor qualification they have attained (does not apply to IT status)
    3. Must provide proof of a minimum of 400 logged dives, 150 rebreather dives, of which at least 50 on the specific CCR to be used.
    4. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age

I believe this answers both of your questions.

Hi Chris,

thanks for the answer.

I'm still not clear about whether it is possible or not.
    From the standards for Normoxic Trimix Instructor:

2. Must be qualified as an IANTD CCR Instructor in Active Teaching Status, and IANTD Trimix Diver or equivalent.

So is the IANTD CCR Trimix Diver equivalent to the IANTD Trimix Diver? If yes, it would be possible.

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    Hi Chris,

thanks for the answer.

I'm still not clear about whether it is possible or not.
    From the standards for Normoxic Trimix Instructor:

2. Must be qualified as an IANTD CCR Instructor in Active Teaching Status, and IANTD Trimix Diver or equivalent.

So is the IANTD CCR Trimix Diver equivalent to the IANTD Trimix Diver? If yes, it would be possible.
    Peter,

You are mixing up the standards, in short yes all the training can be done completely on CCR without prior OC certs as long as the candidate meets all the prerequisites as laid out in the IANTD standards and procedures

Hi Chris,

Great to hear. I'm going the CCR path then and let you know in a couple of months (make that years) how it worked out.
    I'm probably mixing up standards because they are so clearly defined.

Peter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast