+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hammerhead Problems

Letīs Go Down For a While sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman's Avatar
    MK15; KISS

Angry Hammerhead Problems

Hi everybody,

I have got a slightly peculiar problem with my HH, two dives ago i forgot to reset the stack time when i changed the scrubber. So I "over runned" the time with roughly 30min. The over run warning worked as it should. So far so good... but on the dive after the handset said "STACK OVER RUN" (on the second page) on the top line, and the bottom line shows the PO2 as normal, And the DIVA wont work. I made the dive anyway and the handsets worked as usual, but the DIVA was black.
    After the die I tried to reset the stack time several times, and let the handset go to sleep, but every time the same result "STACK OVER RUN" and a black diva.

Still have the problem, but when I tried the stack time over run test in the stack time menu Iīm getting the blink and vibration from the DIVA. My first thought was that the DIVA was broken in some way, but it has contact with the handset.

So my question is have any body ells had the same problem? And know how to fix it? Would be really nice to get the DIVA back in business again (missing the little buggers blinks ; -) )

/Z

O2ptima Test Dummy
    JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones's Avatar

Re: Hammerhead Problems

New problem. Why didn't reset it underwater you were running down your batteries by not resetting it. Put in a new battery and then if you cannot reset your stack time it needs to go back to Kevin.

Letīs Go Down For a While sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman's Avatar
    MK15; KISS

I can reset the the stack time, and itīs counting as i should. But the Over run warning still shows in the start and the DIVA is stine dead. Exept when i do the over run test.

So Iīll probably have to send it back to Kevin. But that have to wait cant miss the short Swedis summer and vacation...

/Z

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sannerman  View Original Post
    I can reset the the stack time, and it´s counting as i should. But the Over run warning still shows in the start and the DIVA is stine dead. Exept when i do the over run test.

So I´ll probably have to send it back to Kevin. But that have to wait cant miss the short Swedis summer and vacation...

/Z
    Do you see any corrosion in the HUD. I had one that flooded spontaneously (was never opened). It was replaced by Kevin (not for free although the unit was still under warranty) with a new one, which was also redesigned (I wonder why?).

Sannerman, perhaps because of the continous vibrating, some water seeped in. Can you test with the diva of a buddy?

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

Hi Sannerman,

I finally got the Hammerhead on mine and I love it thanks for the advice. I had a similar problem I kept getting the stack over run alarm but my HUD was working ok (vibrating teeth is a pain in the arse) I did not know you had to reset the stack timer so I let the battery die a couple of times and still had the Alarm I should have RTFM. Now my stack timer does not work just stays at 180 but I am not worried because I do not use that feature it will be going back soon for the upgrade and a change of head as I am going over to a Meg.

Louis
    Last edited by louisrankin; 13th July 2007 at 09:27.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

I can reset the the stack time, and itīs counting as i should. But the Over run warning still shows in the start and the DIVA is stine dead. Exept when i do the over run test.

So Iīll probably have to send it back to Kevin. But that have to wait cant miss the short Swedis summer and vacation...

/Z
    If both the res a green leds flash turning the test overun the the DIVA itself is probably ok...

if you let the batteries run down and tried doing something that required writing to the flash you migt have corrupted the settings.. I would first try and reset all your setting.. (especially diva mode, set the stack time, set the display mode ect)..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Hi everybody,

I have got a slightly peculiar problem with my HH, two dives ago i forgot to reset the stack time when i changed the scrubber. So I "over runned" the time with roughly 30min. The over run warning worked as it should. So far so good... but on the dive after the handset said "STACK OVER RUN" (on the second page) on the top line, and the bottom line shows the PO2 as normal, And the DIVA wont work. I made the dive anyway and the handsets worked as usual, but the DIVA was black.
    After the die I tried to reset the stack time several times, and let the handset go to sleep, but every time the same result "STACK OVER RUN" and a black diva.

Still have the problem, but when I tried the stack time over run test in the stack time menu Iīm getting the blink and vibration from the DIVA. My first thought was that the DIVA was broken in some way, but it has contact with the handset.

So my question is have any body ells had the same problem? And know how to fix it? Would be really nice to get the DIVA back in business again (missing the little buggers blinks ; -) )

/Z
    Andreas,

Did you reset your Stack Timer?

You need to tell the system that you put in a new Stack first. Then, you can either use the same duration of warning as you used before, or you can set a new one.

There is no "run-down" of the logic here.

Go To: Stack Time Options, and scroll to Reset Stack Time - hit "Yes" at the confirm screen and then let me know what happens.

I don't believe you need to send your unit in.

Let me know how things turn out.

Kevin.

MK15; KISS

Talking Re: Hammerhead Problems

Hi there folks,

I have sorted the problem out ! Or any how, got the unit back working again. I left the handset without any battery over night, and when i put it back in and the handset booted up everything was as it supposed to be So my guess is that an electron got stuck some where in the handset, and just needed to rinsed/drained out.

So to day I have tested my KISS/HH on the wreak of "Jürgen Fritzen" 123m long 16m wide and deck on 60m, great wis 2-3m LOL
    http://www.dykarna.nu/photos/original/83920050408103113.jpg
    http://www.abc.se/~m10354/sture/1998/fritzenb.htm
    (a link to the guy who made the sonar picture: http://www.abc.se/~m10354/sture/index.html)

So now my KISS/HH ist back in business again.

/Z

MK15; KISS

Hi Kevin,

Everything is OK now, but something was really weird because i reset the stack time at lest 10 times and let the handset go to sleep, but when i started it it showed the same "STACK OVER RUN" on the top line in the "second" page in the start up sequence.
    And the DIVA was black, except when I runed the "Stack time test", and then it just blinked red a couple of times.

But as i wrote in my "new" post, I let he handset "rest" without battery over night to make sure all electrons were discharged from the capacitors in the handset. And when putting the battery back everything was normal again.

So now the unit runs smooth again, except that a cell died during the dive :-( but no problem finish the dive in a calm way and do the deco as planed.

Regards Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Andreas,

Did you reset your Stack Timer?

You need to tell the system that you put in a new Stack first. Then, you can either use the same duration of warning as you used before, or you can set a new one.

There is no "run-down" of the logic here.

Go To: Stack Time Options, and scroll to Reset Stack Time - hit "Yes" at the confirm screen and then let me know what happens.

I don't believe you need to send your unit in.

Let me know how things turn out.

Kevin.

O2ptima Test Dummy
    JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones's Avatar

Hi Kevin,

Everything is OK now, but something was really weird because i reset the stack time at lest 10 times and let the handset go to sleep, but when i started it it showed the same "STACK OVER RUN" on the top line in the "second" page in the start up sequence.
    And the DIVA was black, except when I runed the "Stack time test", and then it just blinked red a couple of times.

But as i wrote in my "new" post, I let he handset "rest" without battery over night to make sure all electrons were discharged from the capacitors in the handset. And when putting the battery back everything was normal again.

So now the unit runs smooth again, except that a cell died during the dive :-( but no problem finish the dive in a calm way and do the deco as planed.

Regards Andreas
    I think what started your problem was running down the battery by not resetting the stack when it went in alarm.