+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Friendly explorer download?

  1. #1
    RBW Member pockets is an unknown quantity at this point pockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    58
    Hammerhead Inspo

    Dolphin, Ray, DC55, azimuth

    Friendly explorer download?

    Hi folks,
    I've had an explorer for a few years now and apart from a few low battery glitches , I have been very happy with it. but I do find the download-cut-paste Excel graphing business a real chore even for a couch diver like me.
    so has anyone come up with a better program then Hydrospace?

    cheers
    pockets

  2. #2
    New Member rblackburn is an unknown quantity at this point rblackburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6

    Re: Friendly explorer download?

    Quote Originally Posted by pockets  View Original Post
    Hi folks,
    I've had an explorer for a few years now and apart from a few low battery glitches , I have been very happy with it. but I do find the download-cut-paste Excel graphing business a real chore even for a couch diver like me.
    so has anyone come up with a better program then Hydrospace?

    cheers
    pockets
    Just noticed this message.

    Actually, I have been working with Gene on a program to import the downloaded files and display the information, along with a graph of the dive. I'm sure Gene will post it on his web page once I finish it.

  3. #3
    RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,952
    HammerMeg

    Kiss Classic, Inspiration

    Re: Friendly explorer download?

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocavediver  View Original Post
    Just noticed this message.

    Actually, I have been working with Gene on a program to import the downloaded files and display the information, along with a graph of the dive. I'm sure Gene will post it on his web page once I finish it.

    Thank you in advance. Please post a notice here once its available. I do not make it a habit to visit Gene's site.

    John

  4. #4
    MixedGas gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tottenham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    194

    Re: Friendly explorer download?

    I felt the same way about this...one of the reasons I got this - ReefNet Inc. | Sensus Ultra

    Andre

  5. #5
    New Member rblackburn is an unknown quantity at this point rblackburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6

    Re: Friendly explorer download?

    Anyone want to send me their download files to play with? Once I have tested with other files (besides my own) with different settings, I'll post a file for yall to play with.

    Drop me a PM

  6. #6
    Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    3,852
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

    CCR Instructor Trainer

    Re: Friendly explorer download?

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocavediver  View Original Post
    Anyone want to send me their download files to play with? Once I have tested with other files (besides my own) with different settings, I'll post a file for yall to play with.

    Drop me a PM
    I would except my computer (as with many nowadays) does not have RS232 so I can't even download from my explorer.
    Cheers,

    Dave....

    www.wedivebc.com

  7. #7
    Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    "Da" Bronx
    Posts
    4,116
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

    KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

    Re: Friendly explorer download?

    Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    I would except my computer (as with many nowadays) does not have RS232 so I can't even download from my explorer.
    Dave
    may I suggest this interface
    Newegg.com - KEYSPAN USB High Speed Serial Adapter Model USA-19HS - Retail

    This is the one I use.. Its the best I have found and looking like a real serial port.. To this day I have not found a device that I could not use with it, unlike many of the cheap converters.. The explorer works with most interfaces, but I figure why not spend a few extra dollars and get something that will work with anything you hook up.. It can be set for any com port, interrupts are supported and it can be configured dynamic, or with dfixed setting depending on which USB port you plug it in..



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

    All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

  8. #8
    Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    3,852
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

    CCR Instructor Trainer

    Re: Friendly explorer download?

    Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    Dave
    may I suggest this interface
    Newegg.com - KEYSPAN USB High Speed Serial Adapter Model USA-19HS - Retail

    This is the one I use.. Its the best I have found and looking like a real serial port.. To this day I have not found a device that I could not use with it, unlike many of the cheap converters.. The explorer works with most interfaces, but I figure why not spend a few extra dollars and get something that will work with anything you hook up.. It can be set for any com port, interrupts are supported and it can be configured dynamic, or with dfixed setting depending on which USB port you plug it in..
    Thanks Joe, will do.
    Cheers,

    Dave....

    www.wedivebc.com

  9. #9
    New Member DaveC will become famous soon enough DaveC will become famous soon enough DaveC will become famous soon enough DaveC will become famous soon enough DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ontario. Canada
    Posts
    192

    Re: Friendly explorer download?

    Ditto

    Quote Originally Posted by gathan  View Original Post
    I felt the same way about this...one of the reasons I got this - ReefNet Inc. | Sensus Ultra

    Andre

  10. #10
    New Member rblackburn is an unknown quantity at this point rblackburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6

    Re: Friendly explorer download?

    Quote Originally Posted by rblackburn  View Original Post
    Anyone want to send me their download files to play with? Once I have tested with other files (besides my own) with different settings, I'll post a file for yall to play with.

    Drop me a PM
    NOTE, my user id changed from astrocavediver (don't know what I was thinking) to my normal id rblackburn.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts