+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shearwater Info

RBW Member jkeep has a spectacular aura about jkeep has a spectacular aura about jkeep has a spectacular aura about jkeep has a spectacular aura about jkeep has a spectacular aura about jkeep's Avatar

Shearwater Info

Hi,
    I,m seriously considering purchasing a shearwater computer
    and have heared nothing but good reports about them.

Can anybody give me any negative feedback or are they
    realy as good as people say.

Many thanks,

Jeff

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Re: Shearwater Info

just baught and installed two on our copis's... it's true, what you have heard: very intuitive to use, easy to read, incredibly energy efficient. the HUD is fully independent with it's own po2 computer and battery. full in line installation takes some tinkering but is relatively easy, at least on a copis where extra ports are readily available. Ask bruce what you will need for your specific application, he's very responsive and helpful.

rEvo CCR Driver silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, rEvo

I own two Shearwater's, one is integrated into my KISS Classic and the other I dive as a standalone at a constant PO2. They are very easy to read, use and are very reliable with long battery life.

I highly recommend the Shearwater. I have owned all the other computers and this one is by far the best one for me:) .

New Member megdiver12 is an unknown quantity at this point megdiver12's Avatar

i have one on my meg it the best. I would recommend one

New Member cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jkeep  View Original Post
    Hi,
    I,m seriously considering purchasing a shearwater computer
    and have heared nothing but good reports about them.

Can anybody give me any negative feedback or are they
    realy as good as people say.

Many thanks,

Jeff
    Two negatives, but almost not worth mentioning as I have one and believe it to be the best product in its market.

1. It is an absolute brick; size, weight, shape but at least not the color. It is the only computer I've seen that makes a VR3 feel smallish. That size also gives you superior battery life and switches.

2. The display cannot be inverted (ala the VR3) which forces use on the left arm when interfaced with a RB. This isn't much but it is a 'limitation'.

Again, not much and it certainly didn't sway me any but all products are a balance. I would recommend it without reservation.

Safe Diving.

rEvo combat swimmer fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman's Avatar
    rEvo

Orca

I've got one one my orca mCCR conversion, I love it. Bruce was a pleasure to deal with and the unit has been flawless thus far. Yes its a little large, and I sometimes hit the wrong button and have to cycle through the menus again. Oh well. I think its a better value that some other units and would buy another.

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

I was concerned about the size but as it turns out it feels better on my wrist than the vision handset because the cable on the vision is so thick that it torks the handset...not a biggy as far as the vision goes, but I was surprised at how I barely noticed the Shearwater on my wrist, considering that it's size almost cuased me not to get one.

the only down side I have found is that you can not change the o2 percentage for callibration, it's set at 98 percent. I have heard of poor o2 in remote locations as low as 94%. I guess in such cases you'd want to do your callibration before you leave for a trip and if the O2 on location is a bit low then you'd be better off not using it for callibration. perhaps others have thoughts on that.

i ko nix dafüa seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu's Avatar
    sf 1,?

jj,mccr-inspi,classic,rgfüm

hi
    i love this massive brigg.for me the best option.only altitude calibration is not possible.
    bruce is the man

gruss sepp

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

i have two and love them. they are reliable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes they look big, but i am a small person and dive with two of them and have no issues. Bruce is very easy to deal with and always helpful.
    mel

Let's go diving! mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement's Avatar
    Megalodon

I was surprised at how I barely noticed the Shearwater on my wrist, considering that it's size almost caused me not to get one.

I have one on my meg and think it's the best. I would recommend one.

I agree with these statements. I've done ten hours diving with the new GF system and HUD after a hundred hours+ with the old system originally purchased with my Meg. The "old" handset and HUD were easy to use and the "new" (bigger) handset and HUD are even better and not as ungainly as you'd imagine. I am very pleased and have nothing but good things to say about Bruce.

I am anxious to see what Leon's APEX3 will do to counter.

Michael P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast