+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Driving a Jeep isn't easy around Glasgow at the moment!

Third Class Snorkeller DonalWalsh has a spectacular aura about DonalWalsh has a spectacular aura about DonalWalsh has a spectacular aura about DonalWalsh has a spectacular aura about DonalWalsh has a spectacular aura about DonalWalsh has a spectacular aura about DonalWalsh's Avatar
    Moving to London in Sept.....which way to the South Coast??

Driving a Jeep isn't easy around Glasgow at the moment!

Sigh.............unfortunately I have a Jeep Cherokee....which in Glasgow at the moment is no fun if you choose to fill up the back with Gas Cylinders and a Megalodon.

Nope I'm not kidding.....my mate had a call from the police on wed when his Jeep was suspiciously parked outside his house (no cylinders- he doesn't dive) and someone called it in to the cops. I had parked mine with my gear in while at work at the hospital in the same place its been parked everyday for 3 years and got a call from the liason PC (who knows me and the car) letting me know it had been called in and perhaps I might want to move it away form the O2 storage area (think they've noticed the decant whip too!!?)

Everyone does realise the Al Qaeda probably don't have some kind of lease agreement with Chrysler....don't they????!

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Re: Driving a Jeep isn't easy around Glasgow at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by DonalWalsh  View Original Post

Everyone does realise the Al Qaeda probably don't have some kind of lease agreement with Chrysler....don't they????!
    Well, the cars in London were Mercs, all part of the Daimler Chrysler group-until the demerger goes through.

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

My old Cherokee's reg started L8..., it was the same colour and had a 90l LPG tank in it so when I saw the news as an ex-Weegie I got quite excited :D

I did think last night that now wouldn't be the time to get pulled over as in the back of my Jeep I had a large black torpedo looking item (a scooter), a 60l LPG tank, various gas cylinders, a hunting bow and a dozen arrows, an assortment of knives, a few lengths of rope, a telescopic rifle scope, a pair of black knickers (not mine), a bokken (Japanese practice sword), my stolen pint glass collection and bizarrely a washing machine. All I needed was a package of psychadelic drugs and it's the Acme Instant Serial Killer/Social Miscreant package.

The exhaust is f***ed and due to a knackered CV joint I can't turn right at speeds less than 40 so it's low profile and inconspicuous as well.

I'm open to offers, 170,000 miles and has a £5 Morrisons voucher in the glove box.

And I used to think the biggest danger to 4x4 drivers was unbleached fairtrade cotton wearing Guardian readers who hiss at you. Now we have the looney vigilante posse to deal with.

Cheers,

Stuart

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post
    My old Cherokee's reg started L8..., it was the same colour and had a 90l LPG tank in it so when I saw the news as an ex-Weegie I got quite excited :D

I did think last night that now wouldn't be the time to get pulled over as in the back of my Jeep I had a large black torpedo looking item (a scooter), a 60l LPG tank, various gas cylinders, a hunting bow and a dozen arrows, an assortment of knives, a few lengths of rope, a telescopic rifle scope, a pair of black knickers (not mine), a bokken (Japanese practice sword), my stolen pint glass collection and bizarrely a washing machine. All I needed was a package of psychadelic drugs and it's the Acme Instant Serial Killer/Social Miscreant package.

The exhaust is f***ed and due to a knackered CV joint I can't turn right at speeds less than 40 so it's low profile and inconspicuous as well.

I'm open to offers, 170,000 miles and has a £5 Morrisons voucher in the glove box.

And I used to think the biggest danger to 4x4 drivers was unbleached fairtrade cotton wearing Guardian readers who hiss at you. Now we have the looney vigilante posse to deal with.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Oh I see a movie in the making

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Maybe run over some of those maniacs, even the score ...
    They'd fit right into the wheel wells, too. :D

Can't leave dive gear in my Wrangler, would be gone before I can pay the gas bill.
    But I can see where tanks, hoses, etc in a 4x4 make people weary these days in the UK.
    Yet another pita to live with.

Go DEEP!!!! Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer's Avatar
    MEGALODON

Evolution, KISS GEM

Quote Originally Posted by vidodivr  View Original Post
    I'll bring the popcorn...;)

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post

In the spirit of Hunter S. Thompson, well done! "Fear and Loathing in Blimey"..... sounds like a good book.

(what's the washing machine for, and were the knickers male or female? . All the rest would be just business as usual...)

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonalWalsh  View Original Post

Sigh.............unfortunately I have a Jeep Cherokee....which in Glasgow at the moment is no fun if you choose to fill up the back with Gas Cylinders and a Megalodon.

Nope I'm not kidding.....my mate had a call from the police on wed when his Jeep was suspiciously parked outside his house (no cylinders- he doesn't dive) and someone called it in to the cops. I had parked mine with my gear in while at work at the hospital in the same place its been parked everyday for 3 years and got a call from the liason PC (who knows me and the car) letting me know it had been called in and perhaps I might want to move it away form the O2 storage area (think they've noticed the decant whip too!!?)

R u a Dr? hmmm

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

Differences between Glasgow and America after a terror incident at an airport:

America
    : "Oh my God! there was a man on fire, he was running about, i just ran for my life.. i thought i was gonna die, he got so close to me"
    Glasgow
    : "C*nt wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up 'n gave him a good boot, then decked him"

America
    : "I just wanna get home,away from here.. i just wanna get home, i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow: "here shug, am no leaving here till am oan a f*ckin' plane!"

America:
    "there was pandemonium, people were running in all directions, we didn't know what was happening, I thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow: "F*ck this fir a kerry oan,moan we ll get a pint in"

America:
    "We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk,i thought we were gonna die,i just ran for my life"
    Glasgow: "a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire, and the dafty couldnae even open his boot,he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws"

America
    : there was this huge explosion, it sounded like war, i thought i was gonna die"
    Glasgow: "There wis a bang, yi know when yi throw B.O basher intae a fire it wis like that"

America:
    "i'm too traumatised even to speak,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow "here mate,gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear,if am gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"

& finally, two quotes from an eye-witness.........John Smeaton (these are real)

John just surpassed himself on the National ITV news.
    The interviewer asked "What message do you have for the bombers" he replied

"This is Glasgow we'll just set about you"

John did an interview on cnn and they asked how he restrained the guy and he said
    "me and other folk were just tryin 2 get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him" !

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vidodivr  View Original Post
    Dive Hard 4.0 [metres]

"You brought down a Meg with a weightbelt"

"Well, I was all out of snorkels"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast