+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

New Member dalegray has a little shameless behaviour in the past dalegray's Avatar

Hi

Hello everyone

I suppose a bit about me is the order of the day, so here is a breif run down of where I am at

I started diving 26 years ago with BSAC, I am now a PADI Instructor, I have done my CCR mod1 on the Inspiration with Simon Townsend in Menorca via ITDA, I have also done full cave with Martyn Farr in South Wales, and am going to Menorca this Easter, to do Mod 2 on the Inspiration and do My first levels of the ITDA instructor. I am also a member of the CDG Derbyshire section.

The photo is of me on my Mod1 course in Menorca, since then I have got rid of the Auto Air and added X-Stream First Satges into both Dil and Oxygen, and replaced the wing with a Custom Divers TDB Wing. I am also using a 4th cell to a VR3.

The plan for future modifications is to replace the center core so that I can get 5 cells in line (well almost as they will have to be staggered to fit) so that I can run 2 VR3s off of cells in line with the originals. Then I think I have sourced a 6 hour scrubber, which will require a new box of some description, I would also like to be able to side mount the unit for caves, but that is a work in progress that will have to wait until after Menorca.

I think that about covers it for now. so Hi everyone

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Welcome :-)

Nice to see you over here....

Hopefully you can start our caving section busying up!

Stuart

RBW Member DoubleTop is an unknown quantity at this point DoubleTop's Avatar
    what Stuart said :D

Welcome to the forums, thats a lot of experience there, how many dives or have you gone past the point of counting ??

DT.

New Member dalegray has a little shameless behaviour in the past dalegray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTop
    what Stuart said :D

Welcome to the forums, thats a lot of experience there, how many dives or have you gone past the point of counting ??

DT.
    Gave up keeping a log, as I descided I prefered diving to writing about it

RBW Member DoubleTop is an unknown quantity at this point DoubleTop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dalegray
    Gave up keeping a log, as I descided I prefered diving to writing about it
    :D

that's what always amuses me about so many divers and particularly the ones I dive with. They all take a line of more dives you've done .......

Chances are though, none of them have done more than 10dives with the exact same setup as it changes every time I speak to them. I suppose its like me upgrading my computer all the time........ :D

DT.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTop
    :D

that's what always amuses me about so many divers and particularly the ones I dive with. They all take a line of more dives you've done .......

Chances are though, none of them have done more than 10dives with the exact same setup as it changes every time I speak to them. I suppose its like me upgrading my computer all the time........ :D

DT.
    The more dives you have done the more comfortable you tend to be in the water, and time underwater in any type of kit gives you more confidence.

I tend to dive a different kit configeration for each type of diving I do

Padi Instructor - single 10l with 3l pony on BCD
    Cave Diving - side mounted cylinders (2l, 5l, 7l, or 15l) on harness, No Wing or BC (sometimes a drysuit, sometimes a wet suit) it all depends on the cave.
    Tec Diving - Inspiration or Twin 15s on Custom Diver Wing
    Shallow Sea Diving - Inspiration or Twin 10s on Custom Diver Wing

Its a case of Horses for Courses, but time underwater is what gives confidence.

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Welcome!

Dale,

Welcome to what I believe will be the BEST RB Board around.

Glad to see another Inspiration diver here. (I have to have help to keep my friend Caveseeker7 at bay. He is a "Priest of the Prism", dontcha know! :D )

Rob Davie

+ Reply to Thread