+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Handed' computers.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

'Handed' computers.

Right / left wrist mountable
    ...Reads the bit in the store for the VR3 computer. Is there a problem with computers that don't specify this? Will I need to check my Suunto's to see if there is a 'handedness' that I need to worry about. WillI need an upgrade if I swap arms?

Perhaps it is like the compasses that are calibrated for the area of the world you live in to give the right angle of dip.

Next dive I will wear a computer on each arm to see if there is a difference in depth or deco times, rather than both on one arm or one arm mouted and a dive timer in a console.

Nurse, time for my tablets...

New Member cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62 is infamous around these parts cj-62's Avatar

Re: 'Handed' computers.

Don't offer to pay for an upgrade or DeltaP may add that to its next price list!

If that was a question,
    The O2 cell port on a few computers, i.e. VR3, needs to point to the elbow to avoid a huge snag hazard when plugged into a RB. Hence the computer can invert the text of the display so it can be worn on either arm with the port retaining optimum orientation.

If it was a joke...HaHa. I am just not that good at deciphering tone through text these days.

Good Diving.

sounds like a trollop CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freef  View Original Post
    WillI need an upgrade if I swap arms?......
    Nurse, time for my tablets...
    So you decided to go for the transplant then....on my way, Honey.

xxC

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

When I got the Inspiration upgraded to a Vision I messed about with both computers on one wrist but when I went to a fourth cell the VR3 definitely had to go on the right wrist to run the cable.

It took a bit of getting used too having the buttons at the top but the hand working them comes through underneath the computer wrist and it works.

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

So the VR can invert the text?

See I thought I was being thick.

Chris, you are starting to scare me now...

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Actualy the VR3 can rotate the text through four sections of 90 degrees. Its an incredibly good feature. It alowed me to mount it on the hand set of my classic and it alowed me to run one on each wrist when I had the forth cell intergration.

The Shearwater dosent do it and it was a PITA with the Hammer HEad because the primary for the HH and the Shearwater need to go on the same arm for the P02 ports to point in the right direction.

With it mounted like this i had the text running top to bottom so it was the same orientation as the classic hand set

ATB

Mark

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Actualy the VR3 can rotate the text through four sections of 90 degrees.

ATB

Mark
    I can only get mine to flip 180 with a long 'both button' press. Ver 3.03ac

Brent
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    I can only get mine to flip 180 with a long 'both button' press. Ver 3.03ac

Brent
    I think this changed between software versions. My VR3 v2.01 can flip through 90, but I was on a boat the other day and his (like yours) could only flip 180.

Rich

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by RichClark  View Original Post
    I think this changed between software versions. My VR3 v2.01 can flip through 90, but I was on a boat the other day and his (like yours) could only flip 180.

Rich

Yeah i had 2.1CXI

Didnt know this about 3.0?? Not a smart move IMHO

ATB

Mark

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Didnt know this about 3.0?? Not a smart move IMHO
    It good.
    When you fumble it at least it only ends up upside down while you remember how to straighten it up.

I think it should be buried in the configuration not a top level option.

+ Reply to Thread