+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trip Report: Tacoma Wreck, Miami, Florida 06/29/2007

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Trip Report: Tacoma Wreck, Miami, Florida 06/29/2007

Taking advantage of the relatively good Summer conditions, we head out for a dive on the Tacoma Wreck. Tom has two local students that are finishing up the Meg training, and Peter is visiting from Naples for some more east coast diving.

Due to the rains, the visibility is not great until descending past the crapocline that ends at about 70 feet. Current is mild but picks up during the course of the dive. Tom works his magic with his students while Peter and I follow while stopping to explore some of the ship's interior.

We explore the wreck for about 45 minutes at an average depth of 120 feet. Peter shows me a large moray eel that is ducked into a slot right next to where the anchor chain is tied-in. We are at the surface in just under an hour.

On our second dive, the Belzona Trek, we are in an area that has about six wrecks scattered in depths from about 60 feet to 75 feet of water. We drift along, stopping to check out some details on each while the students do some more drills.

On the way back, we have to swim against the current for about 10 minutes, which is not so much fun. The visibility continues to decline. So, we end the dive after about an hour.

Congratulations to Steven (StevenFlies) and Curtis (IntoTek), who become CCR divers today. Welcome to our two newest members of SCRUB!

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Re: Trip Report: Tacoma Wreck, Miami, Florida 06/29/2007

Nice One Howard - sitting here in my study with it bucketing down with rain - I am not jealous oh no not me.

+ Reply to Thread