+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Advice needed for habitat

Custom Title Allowed! db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us's Avatar

Re: Advice needed for habitat

Quote Originally Posted by johnv  View Original Post
    not everyone places their habitat close to the entrance of the cave

Caves such as the manarde and Tannerie require decompression some way into the cave. In these cases gas logistics are important and using a small rebreather in the habitat may be a good idea.

John
    We have different habitats which can be pulled and assembled after kilometers (and we have trained that).

Still in the habitat it would require only around 3-4 stages max including breakgas etc.

So transport is no big deal at all.
    Personally i wold not like to have a breather there since you need the OC as bailout then anyway

So transport is not less but more.

Regards

Michael

RBW Member johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by db8us  View Original Post
    So transport is not less but more.
    Michael,

we (you & I) use different rebreathers, different techniques and often dive in different types of caves, you are welcome to your opinions, but certain dives I have achieved would not have been possible without the use of a rebreather in the habitat.

I doubt you have ever considered hanging one of the rebreathers used on the bottom, inside the habitat roof & using it at 12, 9 + 6m. Your equipment is simply not suitable for this. Just because something does not work for you it does not mean that it is not a useful technique for others.

I would suggest that equipment volume & technique should be tailored to the cave.

Where did you pitch your habitat "kilometers" into a cave?

regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    Ive been working on just that for a deep wreck project (sub 200m) coming up.

Short of fixing a frame to bottom of support vessel Ive come up with this idea:-

Advantage is its light weight and easily assembled then filled (with sea water) on site.
    Drmike, in order to be able to get stability, I'd think you would need a 30m' barrel base (under the assumption of a 9-12m' deep habitat), which puts it out of my abilities. please correct me if I'm wrong.
    that is why I have been playing around with the Idea of botom conected habitat. (sorry for the 3rd grade artist rendering)

your plan definitely has the bonus of being available on a dive that missed the wreck.
    Attached Images

Dalış Bahane Alem Şahane teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali's Avatar

(sorry for the 3rd grade artist rendering)

for a second there you had me fooled that it was a cad / simulation :D

Teoman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4