+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here you go Sven - A nice story

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Here you go Sven - A nice story

I'm teaching a Meg class to 3 great guys here in Perth this week. They are learning about CCRs for the first time in 2 of their cases and learning a new CCR in one. In short, the weather has been appalling here. These 3 have not only been a delight to teach they have reveled in the face of some very tough conditions.

We have seen a broken compressor, 0-5m viz, driving rain, 120km/h wind and 3m breaking surf. This stuff is terrible to a seasoned CCR diver let alone someone on a class.

Their attitude has been great. Granted they need to do some improvement for their last dive to get a pass but they have been tested by a new way of diving and very nasty conditions.

Here is to the people that just like diving.
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

Re: Here you go Sven - A nice story

Steve,

Thanks for the heads-up & good luck to the students! Great story.

And I do like (love?) your avatar - reminds me of Mark Twain! (A quote you can't find on US websites anymore due to PC)

Cheerio!

Decodiver

Good on them and you Steve.

It is because of the odd course like that, that I love instructing.

Have some green feller.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.
    Last edited by Decodiver; 23rd June 2007 at 20:55.

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve  View Original Post

0-5m viz, driving rain, 120km/h wind and 3m breaking surf. This stuff is terrible to a seasoned CCR diver let alone someone on a class...

Quote Originally Posted by sven  View Original Post
    Steve,

And I do like (love?) your avatar - reminds me of Mark Twain! (A quote you can't find on US websites anymore due to PC)

Cheerio!
    What does "PC" mean? Is it some sort of censorship?

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver  View Original Post
    Good on them and you Steve.

Congrats from me as well, being a barely passed student (a different instructor at a different location) learning skills in appaling weather conditions.

As a former Perth resident (and fan), will need to visit there again.

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

PC is Political Correctness. One of my favourite topics for Sunday mornings when there is no diving

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

The lads all passed today. Congratulations to Greg, Theo and Dean
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

Congratulations to the student & instructor! Well done!

No Viz is BAD Viz almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1's Avatar

We have seen a broken compressor, 0-5m viz, driving rain, 120km/h wind and 3m breaking surf. This stuff is terrible to a seasoned CCR diver let alone someone on a class.
    Thanks Again Steve

In 13-14 degree water as well.

Very thankful that I am have trained and based in Sydney, it set a very good foundation.

The conditions were like a good day in Sydney ;)

No Viz is BAD Viz almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1 has a spectacular aura about almity1's Avatar

I would have loved to have taken more photos

But here is a happy chappy.
    Attached Images

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Gezz, you cons don't half get it easy!

No Compressor, rain, huge surf, less than 5mtrs viz and still 14degrees...
    You just don't know when you're well off!!! We dream of conditions that good, you ungrateful bunch!

:D

Well done guys. ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast