+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ASD/PFO closed - Meg bought

untitled tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby's Avatar

Re: ASD/PFO closed - Meg bought

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvet  View Original Post
    Firstly congratulations! :D
    i have a PFO which has had one attempt on it and not been closed, and have had 2 neuro bends at shallow depths on OC - think my only chance of convincing the medics i should be getting back in the water even if they close it is a CCR. Is that your reason for going CC?
    Thanks Hellvet!
    Sorry tho hear about the unsuccessful procedure. My doctor has one patient who needed 2 devices side-by-side put in at the same time in order to get it to close. He also said that it is possible to add a device later but of course this would mean a 6-9 month recovery if not longer. I think even 3 months is a bad experience. Is it because of the hole's shape? Apparently some of these PFOs have odd shapes and a round device can't span it.
    I'm getting a CCR partly because I don't like to plan every single cubic foot of bottom gas for deeper dives and still not have enough to account for thirds. The PFO is closed now so it shouldn't matter but I will feel better to dive on a fixed PO2 from a conservatism point of view.
    Good luck!
    Tibby

RBW Member Offgas is on a distinguished road Offgas is on a distinguished road Offgas's Avatar

Oh no, not Ron...

RBW Member RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan's Avatar
    Meg

CCR Dolphin

you a funny guy Carl, maybe you should go off-gas somewhere.:p You still on the east coast?

Bob, didnt know you had a PFO, glad it worked out for you. It sure was fun diving in DR. Did I ever send you a copy of that pic of you framed in the wreck mast?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2