+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ASD/PFO closed - Meg bought

untitled tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby's Avatar

ASD/PFO closed - Meg bought

To those interested, I just learned from my doctor that my ASD/PFO has been completely closed and I'm released to dive without restrictions after 12 weeks from the occlusion procedure. This means I'm off Plavix but still have to take a daily aspirin a day for another 3 months. I was diagnosed with a combination of Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) in March following a type 1 DCS hit (shoulder and skin) that happened after two OC trimix dives (185ft/17min and 125ft/20min).

The occluding device I have is an 18mm Amplatzer Cribiform that covers both the ASD and the PFO and according to the doctor it's sitting nice and flat against the septal wall and it's pretty much covered with scar tissue as it should be. The Trans Cranial Doppler (TCD) test shows that a mere 6 saline bubbles showed up in the atrial blood when bearing down (applying pressure) as opposed to 100K+ bubbles before the procedure.

To celebrate the good news I hurried and submitted my order for my very first CCR, an Apecs Meg. I'll be training with Ron Micjan in early October.:D
    Cheers,
    Tibby

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Re: ASD/PFO closed - Meg bought

congratulations on your recovery and a speedy return to diving!

Gill Envy

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Congratulation on getting the PFO fixed, and also on choosing the best darn RB out there:D .
    Will you be coming up to Nanaimo for your training?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

John Harcus jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver's Avatar
    rEvo

Copis Megalodon

Wow...sounds serious, hope you are doing well. Ron (TBF) is a great, no BS Instructor, you will definately have a good time. Diving Nanaimo is one of my first choices.

untitled tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby has a spectacular aura about tibby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Congratulation on getting the PFO fixed, and also on choosing the best darn RB out there:D .
    Will you be coming up to Nanaimo for your training?
    Dave, yes were coming up your way it seems. At least that's the plan so far. I hear all good things about diving Nanaimo so I'm looking forward to it. I'm really psyched about the Meg as well. I've had just about enough of that heavy 108 twinset.
    Tibby

New Member Hellvet is an unknown quantity at this point Hellvet's Avatar

Firstly congratulations! :D
    i have a PFO which has had one attempt on it and not been closed, and have had 2 neuro bends at shallow depths on OC - think my only chance of convincing the medics i should be getting back in the water even if they close it is a CCR. Is that your reason for going CC?

RBW Member RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan's Avatar
    Meg

CCR Dolphin

OK John, I have put your $5 in the mail, thanks for the endorsement m8. :D
    As it stands now, we expect to start class on tuesday the 2nd of October, Dave would you reserve the pool for Wed afternoon or eve plz?
    We have some room for another student or two, so if anyone was planning to get going with a meg this fall, drop me or dave a line and get your order in.

I love it when a PFO comes together...

Always Learning. Fort Collins Bob will become famous soon enough Fort Collins Bob will become famous soon enough Fort Collins Bob will become famous soon enough Fort Collins Bob's Avatar

Welcome to the PFO CLosed Club...

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

B

Always Learning. Fort Collins Bob will become famous soon enough Fort Collins Bob will become famous soon enough Fort Collins Bob will become famous soon enough Fort Collins Bob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RonMicjan  View Original Post

I love it when a PFO comes together...
    Ron , You have such a way w/ the words... :D

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Collins Bob  View Original Post
    Welcome to the PFO CLosed Club...

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

B
    Thanks Bob! I'm sure this club offers more than anguish and $s spent. :D
    Robin did mention I should talk to you.
    How soon did you feel normal again after the prcedure? Did you go through any headaches, nausea or any of the sort? I think I'm past these now but who knows with this stuff.
    Tibby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast