+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wing BC Connectors

Still Learning.... Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg's Avatar

Wing BC Connectors

From reading too much (always a dangerous pastime) I've managed to thoroughly confuse myself.

My Custom Divers wing has a inflate hose with a connector on it that I would have called "Apeks". As I was looking into making a few mods I started searching for someone I could get hose, connectors etc off. At this point I encountered CEJN-High pressure hydraulic,couplings,hoses and nipples and that's when I started getting confused.

There can only be just so many connector types out there that are used to connect a first stage with the inflate hose of a wing (or a BC for that matter).

Can someone:
    a) provide a list of the options
    b) confirm the type that Custom Divers use
    c) not start a long discussion about how awful CD wings are:)

Thanks

RBW Member Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz has a spectacular aura about Woz's Avatar

Re: Wing BC Connectors

There are 3 types of commonly used connectors:

1. Seatec. The most common and very probably the one you have.
    2. AP Valves. Nearly a Seatec coupling. But not quite. You can get it to fit but the flow will be very low/non-existent.
    3. CEJN (also called a commercial fitting). Wider bore, used on drysuit fittings, rarely on BC fittings unless you have an Octo+ combined reg/inflator.

There are also a couple of others like the AP Valves GCS system as found on the Auto Air but they are not as common as 1 and 3.

Still Learning.... Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg's Avatar

Thanks
    The two AP types I am familiar with and I was aware of the originals incompatibility with similar designs. the terms Seatec I'd managed to completely forget.
    Now all I need is a nice, trustworthy dive shop to buy some shiny bits from...

RBW Member wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda's Avatar

Sorry to go off at a slight tangent here. I am trying to source some seatec nipples (which will work with a Scubapo inflator hose) with a 10mm (M10) 1.25mm pitch thread. Having lots of problms finding anyone who can supply these. The only variety I have been able to find are 3/8" which wll not fit. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread