+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flying from Bristol Airport, UK

RBW Member decompression_man is an unknown quantity at this point decompression_man's Avatar

Flying from Bristol Airport, UK

Hi,

Thinking of taking my Evo with tanks to Menorca, anybody had any recent experiences of flying out of this airport with your unit?

Thanks in advance.

Deco

CK #051 Dave Crampton will become famous soon enough Dave Crampton will become famous soon enough Dave Crampton will become famous soon enough Dave Crampton will become famous soon enough Dave Crampton's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Flying from Bristol Airport, UK

Quote Originally Posted by decompression_man  View Original Post
    Hi,

Thinking of taking my Evo with tanks to Menorca, anybody had any recent experiences of flying out of this airport with your unit?

Thanks in advance.

Deco
    I've not flown from Bristol but I would imaging making enquires with the airline may help. They are the ones who will be charging for excess freight or (heaven forbid) turning you away. Do you have to take you cylinders? I took a 3ltr cylinder with Excel to Sharm but had to inform them prior to the departure date and travel with it empty. I took a Spanner for this.

Who are you diving with in Menorca? Is it Simon Townsend in Cuitadella? I think he may now running a dive centre in the harbour, but I've not been there myself to confirm. He did mention that he was planning a RB freindly centre on that side of the island. Bluewater Scuba in Cala n Bose also dives an Inspo, so may beable to help. I guess your sorted already though?

My folks live out there so give me a pm if there is anything (local info) I may be able to help you with.

Dave C

Re: Flying from Bristol Airport, UK

i flew to hurghada from here with XL

had a shed load of gear and absolutely no hassle whatsoever

RBW Member wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda has a spectacular aura about wearypanda's Avatar

Re: Flying from Bristol Airport, UK

I flew out of Bristol in late April with XL. Was not carrying anything too heavy but I saw some obviously overweight bags being checked in with no problems.

As a slight aside, be aware that flying from Stanstead a couple of weeks ago security (not check-in) were weighing carry-on bags and telling anyone with overweight bags to go back to check-in and check them onto the flight. My bag was 9kg so I guess that the cut off was probably 10kg.

+ Reply to Thread