+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Diluent / Bail-out / Deco Line gas choice

RBW Member wondersea will become famous soon enough wondersea will become famous soon enough wondersea will become famous soon enough wondersea's Avatar

Diluent / Bail-out / Deco Line gas choice

Hi all,

Just wondering about your choice in matter of diluent / bailout and Deco line for let see :

1 / Dive at 40 m (130 ft)

2/ Dive at 60 m (196 ft)

3/ Dive at 100 m (328 ft)

Same or different gas for diluent / Bailout / Deco line (gas/depth) ?

Heliair / Trimix / Heliox / Triox / Nitrox ?

I presume that we are with CCR and we don't take all decompression bailout gaz onboard but just enough (with security) to join the Deco line if need.

Can you argument your choice :)

I think not all of you as the same strategy and it's will be great to compare it.

Thank's for your cooperation.

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Re: Diluent / Bail-out / Deco Line gas choice

I have two 7L 232bar cylinders.
    One is 'bottom mix' and one pure O2.
    They both have whips to fit into the Inspiration injectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by wondersea  View Original Post
    1/ Dive at 40 m (130 ft)
    Depending on the deco plan neither, bottom mix only or both.
    2/ Dive at 60 m (196 ft)
    Both.
    3/ Dive at 100 m (328 ft)
    Out of my range.

I don't do clever or complicated planning. I dive a Vision Electronics and a VR3.

I can get out of virtually anything I'd attempt on that, even a catastophic loop flood. If things went wrong after the first fault I have already decided I would miss deeper stops rather than reach for the O2 below 6m and breathe the tanks flat (and dump them to surface if needed) rather than surface with time to do.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Today after 40mins at 60-65m and having ascended to 40ish m. My buddy bailed out on to a Ali 80 of 18/45(I believe) and at 21m on to a 7ltr of 50%

With 50mins of deco left to do @6m the 7ltr was down to 60-70bar.

The drop tank of 70% was all but emptied to complete the deco.

No drama because we were on a deco station surrounded by divers and gas and the drop tank got to us no problem.

No station no drop tank no buddy he would have missed some deco.

The morel of this tale is there IS no answer to the question in relation to depth alone. The answer has to relate to logistics, diving conditions, proposed run times and SAC of the individual diver.

My buddy had perfectly adequate bailout today but on the same dive with a free ascent in worse viz, it might have been a different story.

ATB

Mark Chase
    Last edited by Mark Chase; 9th June 2007 at 10:45.

RBW Member wondersea will become famous soon enough wondersea will become famous soon enough wondersea will become famous soon enough wondersea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    My buddy bailed out on to a Ali 80 of 18/45(I believe)
    what's hell, you believe ! Wake up me, or I don't understrand.

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

(I believe) means he is not sure but thinks these are the facts.
    The details are probably not relevant to the post.

Your english may be a bit broken but it's better than my french.

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Today after 40mins at 60-65m and having ascended to 40ish m. My buddy bailed out on to a Ali 80 of 18/45(I believe) and at 21m on to a 7ltr of 50%

With 50mins of deco left to do @6m the 7ltr was down to 60-70bar.

The drop tank of 70% was all but emptied to complete the deco.

No drama because we were on a deco station surrounded by divers and gas and the drop tank got to us no problem.

No station no drop tank no buddy he would have missed some deco.

The morel of this tale is there IS no answer to the question in relation to depth inlet. The answer has to relate to logistics diving conditions proposed run times and SAC of the individual diver.

My buddy had perfectly adequate bailout today but on the same dive with a free ascent in worse viz, it might have been a different story.

ATB

Mark Chase
    No access to his onboard O2?

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver  View Original Post
    No access to his onboard O2?
    No

This is an interesting and it begs the question: "is it worse to add a failure point to a critical gas or is it better to have access to all gas?"

My conclusion is If I am so desperate that the 70-100ltrs of 02 i have left in my 3ltr on board is that critical Id take the tank off stick a reg on it and use it.

This is doable on a KISS without de kitting but not easy. On an inspo you would need a buddy.

ATB

Mark Chase
    Last edited by Mark Chase; 9th June 2007 at 10:42.

JJ Hybrid

Could have been 19/50 but i think it was 18/45. We discussed bailout before the dive and compaired gas but at the time of writing this I had forgotten exactlywhat it was. I was on 18/45 10ltr 240bar and Ali 80 of 50% 205 bar. He was on an ali 80 of 18/45 and a Ali 7 of 50% both arround 200bar

The tank was marked up badly so i couldent read it the way it was mounted but I knew his deep bailout was in the big tank and shalow bailout was in the little tank so it was a no brainer just trace the reg back to the big tank.

ATB

Mark Chase

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Could have been 19/50 but i think it was 18/45. We discussed bailout before the dive and compaired gas but at the time of writing this I had forgotten exactlywhat it was. I was on 18/45 10ltr 240bar and Ali 80 of 50% 205 bar. He was on an ali 80 of 18/45 and a Ali 7 of 50% both arround 200bar

The tank was marked up badly so i couldent read it the way it was mounted but I knew his deep bailout was in the big tank and shalow bailout was in the little tank so it was a no brainer just trace the reg back to the big tank.

ATB

Mark Chase
    Mark, what was the reason for bailout?

JJ Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver  View Original Post
    Mark, what was the reason for bailout?

Total scrubber flood. He could breath in but couldent breath out at all and he got a taste of lime in the loop as well.

ATB

Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast