+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Maybe eCCR's really aren't the wave of the future for recreational divers?

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Arrow Re: Maybe eCCR's really aren't the wave of the future for recreational divers?

Dont want to
    Gill Envy, 15th of June was your last entry to this thread, just wondering how your liking your choice & any mods to your MCCR units.

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Re: Maybe eCCR's really aren't the wave of the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post
    Yup.

It's not just the rEvo that's superior kit. The Copis Meg is a good one, and the KISS's are well proven. I'd take any of them over any YBOD no matter how modified. Heck, I'd prefer a modified Dolphin. I'd take the rEvo over any of the above though... lowest total workload rig (setup, maintenance, cal, and in-water use) I've ever had and utterly bulletproof mechanically. Simplicity inspires confidence.

Mark Chase: I read carefully your reply. If your PP02's are all over the place, it's a matter of getting in tune with the rig. Maybe a little IP tweaking would make life good for you. My VR-3's PP02 recording graph shows almost "on setpoint" for all of the bottom time of my dives, and I only add 02 three or four times per dive. I think you'll get tuned in sooner than you think. And I agree 100% about the HUD. What's the new T-Shirt going to say? "Hammered my Hammerhead and went to the Grey-Side".. ?? :D

Dave

yeah it works for you Dave, but maybe you aren't trying to get as much spidge as Mark is!

Regards...Paul

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Re: Maybe eCCR's really aren't the wave of the future for recreational divers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickoz  View Original Post
    Dont want to
    Gill Envy, 15th of June was your last entry to this thread, just wondering how your liking your choice & any mods to your MCCR units.
    yeah, the 15th of 07, wow, how times flies.

Going from eCCR to mCCR took some adjustment, it felt quite nerve racking and my po2 vascilated wildly at first. I had to learn that the target set point on an mCCR is not a constant po2 but a range between .7 and 1.3 and that you do not need to be so precise. I was shocked at how much more frequently I started monitoring my po2... I thought I was anal the way I dived my evolution, but I now believe I was dilluding myself. I'd say it took about 50 hours on the unit before maintaining set point became more natural. I refer to this learning curve as the shool of self reinforcing, livable consequences.

I modified our copis's before even getting them wet. I am a fan of Shearwater electronics so I added the GF and then upgraded to the Pursuit. I also added the shearwater HUD, which is a superb real time, 3 cell simultanious po2 monitor. I moth balled the stock copis handset, which I left in place, unplugged, in case of either the HUD or Handset goes south... my preference was to have two isolated po2 monitors to cross check at all times... meaning I needed a third for long trips where repair was not possible. I opted to not add a fourth cell, and to live with the technicality that the po2 monitors are not truly isolated as they do share cells.

If I had it to choose all over again, I'd probably still go with the Copis meg, though I am very intrigued by the needle valve of the Pelagian and the thinness and comfort and dual radial scrubber option of the rEvo.

I have no regrets with my choice to go mCCR and I am still a firm believer that the most reliable set point controller is the one between my ears.

I am also a firm believer that mCCR's are at the very least the better choice for the beginner and likely adequate for most applications.

g

Gill Envy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20