+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Protec Playa Del Carmen: Two Thumbs Up

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Thumbs up Protec Playa Del Carmen: Two Thumbs Up

I just got back from Playa Del Carmen Mexico. I wanted to just send a big thank you to Protec. They were extremely helpful and took care of all our pesky CCR needs. A top notch shop and crew. The dives were incredible too. So if your travels land you in cave country give Matt or Bernie a call (or an email) at Protec.
    Mel

ps pictures to follow :)

I'm working on it! Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac's Avatar

Re: Protec Playa Del Carmen: Two Thumbs Up

I can't agree more. Protec is a great outfit. I did my initial ccr training with them in November and found them to be wonderful.

Loving life 2 the fullest pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver is a jewel in the rough pattimegdiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scubagrunt  View Original Post
    I just got back from Playa Del Carmen Mexico. I wanted to just send a big thank you to Protec. They were extremely helpful and took care of all our pesky CCR needs. A top notch shop and crew. The dives were incredible too. So if your travels land you in cave country give Matt or Bernie a call (or an email) at Protec.
    Mel

ps pictures to follow :)
    I also have to agree with you. I have been going to PROTEC for 3 years running. Each year bringing more people to Playa Del Carmen and doing some outrageous diving. All the gang at PROTEC are great, and their customer service is top notch.:D Glad you had a great trip

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

I have been there twice now and will be going back again. Like Patti said we keep bringing new friends as well.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Alright, so what kind of RB diving did people do in the area?

I'm heading to the Riviera Maya this month and am debating whether to bring the RB.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by onetime  View Original Post
    Alright, so what kind of RB diving did people do in the area?

I'm heading to the Riviera Maya this month and am debating whether to bring the RB.
    Caves!
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

EBT called me stroppy! Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan's Avatar

I also have nothing but good things to say about Pro-Tec...They know their stuff.

New Member avt is an unknown quantity at this point avt's Avatar

My Classic really enjoyed the cenotes/ caves it visited on the last two trips, hosted by the Pro-Tec group. Deep, shallow, long excursion or short, playa and surrounding area is superb for ccr.

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avt  View Original Post
    My Classic really enjoyed the cenotes/ caves it visited on the last two trips, hosted by the Pro-Tec group. Deep, shallow, long excursion or short, playa and surrounding area is superb for ccr.

Been to the caves on OC. I'm just Intro to cave certified though. Most of the caves are relatively shallow with lots of up and down, doesn't seem well suited for RB. What locations did you visit?

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Quote Originally Posted by onetime  View Original Post
    Been to the caves on OC. I'm just Intro to cave certified though. Most of the caves are relatively shallow with lots of up and down, doesn't seem well suited for RB. What locations did you visit?
    we did most the the tourist centoes in the "cenotes dive guide and log book" put out by underwater editions. yes they are shallow and up and down, but you can stay longer on a CCR, less filling, and i just prefer CCR to OC. Also we did Angelita which is deep and well suited for a CCR, a very cool dive!! you can do it on OC too if you like. send me an email if you want more info.
    mel
    scubagrunt@hotmail.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast