+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travelling with Sorb

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Travelling with Sorb

I am hoping to pick up a couple of pails of Sodasorb when I am down in Singapore next week. I woudl like to bring them back on the plane in my hold luggage. I will stick the MSDS on the pails, but does anyone think I may have a problem?
    Cheers
    Dave

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Re: Travelling with Sorb

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    I am hoping to pick up a couple of pails of Sodasorb when I am down in Singapore next week. I woudl like to bring them back on the plane in my hold luggage. I will stick the MSDS on the pails, but does anyone think I may have a problem?
    Cheers
    Dave

Hello Dave, I doubt you will, I never have traveling with Sodasorb. I don't know what the tubs look like on the xray, but I've never even had somebody ask me what it is.

But if for some reason you wind up buying Sofnolime, you should cover up or take off the "corrosive" sticker on the tubs. That's the only time I had a problem flying with sorb, the security people don't understand the difference btw the "mildly" corrosive which is MSDS safe for transport and the kind of "very" corrosive not safe for transport. Still got it on the plane with the help of the pilot, who was an ex Navy pilot and knew what the stuff was. He actually took the container with him into the cockpit just to piss of the offcious security dude in Turks and Caicos. And of course this was before 9/11... -Andy

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Thanks. I will be with Singapore Airlines, and mostly they are OK. I'll stick the MSDS is. Only problem is it weighs a fair bit....

Cheers
    Dave

Ian Martin scubanimal will become famous soon enough scubanimal will become famous soon enough scubanimal will become famous soon enough scubanimal will become famous soon enough scubanimal's Avatar
    rEvo, Vision Inspo, Mark VI

Dolphin,Optima

I brought back two small pails from Palau, I just taped MSDS sheet to them and had extras in my luggage. Did the same thing to Hawaii last month, again no issues.

The only time I've had an issue was when I tried to send it via US postal, they were fine until they read the MSDS (naturally did not understand it) and the hassles began. In the end found some one who could understand the words and all went well after that.

Biggest downside is the weight, but shipping costs are so high for some areas its cheaper to just pay the extra weight fees.

+ Reply to Thread