+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead will not shut down

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

Hammerhead will not shut down

I have now dived my Hammerhead twice and the primary unit will not shut down I have the new metal handsets any one got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Louis
    Last edited by louisrankin; 30th May 2007 at 10:19.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: Hammerhead will not shut down

Quote Originally Posted by louisrankin  View Original Post
    I have now dived my Hammerhead twice and the primary unit will not shut down I have the new metal handsets any one got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Louis

Its probably the presure sensor clogged with salt or broken. Does it still show you at 3m?

ATB

Mark Chase

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

No it just will not shut down even using the go to sleep in the menu.

Mark a quick question for you on the last stop do you need to go to 3m to get it to clear? It took about 3mins for mine to clear when it said one any tips? I would like to change the last stop to 6m but I do not think it is possible
    Last edited by louisrankin; 30th May 2007 at 10:31.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Well it's likely to be the pressure sensor or the wet switch. If you take the bezel off you can see the pressure sensor. Disconnect it and see if it shuts down. If that doesn't work you can do the same for the wet switch and rule them both out of the equation.

for me it was the pressure sensor.

RBW Member curator is an unknown quantity at this point curator's Avatar

I had the same problem, no shutdown. I took the front bezel off and found some water trapped in the channel thats replaced the original hole. Clearing the water cured it. (looks like the channel could be machined a little more consistently or smoother). When dry, mine shuts down perfectly.

Cheers

Curator

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Can you post a picture of the bezel so we can identify which "revision" you are using. And don't tell Kevin you opened your HH because it will affect your waranty. Also getting the o-ring back in is not so easy.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by louisrankin  View Original Post

Thanks in advance

Louis
    ?? did you rince it with fresh water??
    ?? how old is your unit??

on the newer metal units, the hole in the front plate around the wetswitch is a bit bigger: normally rincing with fresh water and wiping dry should do the job! (if depth shows 0 offcourse)

our units always do it this way (5 units)

regards
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

How many dives have you done on your unit? If you have done a number of dives in salt water without a problem and now one is developing, it could be because of a little bit of deposit around the wet switch that forms. When this reaches the bezel, the contact makes the unit think that it is wet, and it won't shut down. Try putting some white vinegar on a Que-Tip and cleaning around the switch in the hole until there is no deposit. Rinse with water and then dry. If that solves the problem, that is probably all there is to it. (Later units have had the bezel drilled out a bit larger around the wet switch to take care of this problem. However, I still occasionally clean it out as a preventative measure.)

Second, sometimes salt can build up over the pressure sensor. I have been advised to soak the handsets in diluted salt remover (Salt-X or equivalent, available at most marine supply stores) after diving in salt water. After soaking for a while, agitate to make sure that the salt remover works its way into the channel that goes from the face, under the bezel to the sensor. After this soak, I also soak for a bit in fresh water.

Last, earlier units did not have the channel routed out that leads from the face to the sensor. Because the sensor is sensitive to sun light, the first versions used only the small hole in the face that is over the sensor. This would sometimes become blocked with deposits, causing this issue. The channel from the face to the sensor was added to fix this issue while not exposing the sensor to sunlight.
    Last edited by ScubaDadMiami; 30th May 2007 at 17:06.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Well it's likely to be the pressure sensor or the wet switch. If you take the bezel off you can see the pressure sensor. Disconnect it and see if it shuts down. If that doesn't work you can do the same for the wet switch and rule them both out of the equation.

for me it was the pressure sensor.
    I would not suggest disconnecting anything with out speaking to Kevin J and or DiveRite first...

Dive Safe...

Mark

JJ Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    I would not suggest disconnecting anything with out speaking to Kevin J and or DiveRite first...

Dive Safe...

Mark

This was origionaly Kevins idea when my one went tits up, but obviously check with him first.

ATB

Mark Chase