+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LIDS (London Dive Show) - Anyone going?

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar
    i'll be there sunday if any one is still around? is there still talkes on rb on suday??
    and please remind me im moving house and have no money........please
    john routley

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Soooo???

How was the show?
    What's new? Evo news ... Ouroboros news ... ???

Who had a beer with whom? Did any Evos get vandalized? ;)

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Sorry Stef got a bunch of pictures mainly of the Ouroboros and chatted to Kevin and sait in on the lecture.

Will write a little report up - key ones are the Ourboros is now CE certified!! Also new one on me although I think you had clocked this is that the Ouroboros has moved the cylinders outside the case.

A very nice looking machine indeed...

Stuart

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar
    Likewise, report and pictures to follow...

...bit late now, will do it tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    How was the show?
    What's new? Evo news ... Ouroboros news ... ???

Who had a beer with whom? Did any Evos get vandalized? ;)
    I think an easier question was "Who did you not have beers with?"!!! :D

I chatted to Delta P about the Ourourourourourourouroboros and wasn't too impressed to be honest. The staff came afross as very defensive when I asked a few questions about the units which was very disapointing. I also asked about what plans they had for upgrading the Inspo/VR3 O2 sensor to work with the new style units and was told that there were currently no plans as they were concentrating on the new breather.

I also spoke with Martin Parker on the AP stand as was very impressed with his attitude towards the business and his openness about the time its taking to get the new Vision based units out the door. It really game me the impression that AP is a rebreather company rather than a company who makes rebreathers (if you get my meaning).

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Thanks for the response. :)

Quote Originally Posted by FathomsDown
    It really game me the impression that AP is a rebreather company rather than a company who makes rebreathers (if you get my meaning).
    I understand the meaning, but would have worded it the other way around.

AP is a company that (also) makes rebreathers (like Dive Rite will be), while smaller companies like Jetsam, ISC and SMI are rebreather companies (for most part, anyway). While DeltaP/C.C.R. has been building and selling dive computers for a few years, in my opinion they're closer to the small rebreather companies than the bigger companies also building rebreathers.

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

I dunno.

I was speaking to MP with Nick and he comes across as very, very passionate about the rebreather side of things.

I flip-flopped between Inspiration and Evolution (briefly thinking about Meg) about 3 or four times that day.

I had a try dive on the Evo, which is very, very, very small. It's like wearing a single cylinder Which makes me think that an Inspiration is the way to go. I'm a big lad (6ft, 16 1/2 stone) and so the size shouldn't bother me. But hmmm. I don't know.

Laters,
    Janos

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

If either physical size of the APD units works for you I would take application and destination into consideration.

If you plan to travel a lot the Evo is the way to go.
    If you plan on mostly trimix dives the Inspiration would likely be better, having a bit more sorb and 50% more onboard gas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2