+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conservatism settings on Proplanner/V Planner

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Question Conservatism settings on Proplanner/V Planner

What settings do people use when planning dives using the above software ?

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Conservatism settings on Proplanner/V Planner

I have seen a lot of people with V-Planner going to pretty much the max conservatism. However, I think a lot of them are diving in cold water. I usually go at about +1.

Disclaimer: Just because I am doing this does not mean that you should do the same. Get proper training (from a professional) about the various algorithms and decompression theory before deciding how to carry out your dives. Once you understand the risks and are willing to accept them, then the final decision is yours as to how to proceed. If you die or get bent, it should be based upon your own evaluation of the risk involved in diving, not because of what I have decided for my particular risk tolerance.

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Totally agree it is personal choice .I have been running proplanner with no conservatism but was slagged of by somebody for doing so .Having just completed mod 2/3 & having to use V planner on the course with a setting of +5 I thought I would ask .
    Obviously a lot depends on buddy/team descisions as well

RBW Member Nicholas von Rosen is an unknown quantity at this point Nicholas von Rosen's Avatar

I use V-planner, - cons: +3.

Normally diving in cold water

Nick

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Pro:

25% and 100% microbubble.

V:

+4, as most others seem to [UK trimix OC dive planning]

I don't like that you can't add minutes to stops in Vplan unless you are changing gas. I like to blob up from 18-24m, but unless there is a gas stop I can't add any time.

It does make me the fastest blob slinger in the West when I dive with the 'V' group.

After reading VPM for dummies, there are a few 'mods' to the theory to make it fit existing programs program generated runtimes, such as the 'some' rather than 'none' bubble growth and the Boyles Law modifications that seem to make the program 'fit' with existing data, rather than being too different. I am slightly concerned that the basic idea needed modifying to fit existig practice. Then again all deco is pretty much guesswork. I suppose the next generation will take into account what you put into your suit when drysuit diving too.

I don't see any real change in the runtimes of the dives I do with either, just different stop depths. For preference I would use proplanner as I am more familiar with it and can add time at non gas switch stops.

Now where is my copy of AndiPlan with Bassett tables...?
    Last edited by Freef; 23rd May 2007 at 13:18. Reason: Slightly less abrupt wording...

Petri Keskitalo P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3's Avatar

+2 on V-planner.

+ Reply to Thread