+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PPO2 questions

New Member scubabubba1978 is an unknown quantity at this point scubabubba1978's Avatar

Question PPO2 questions

Hello,

I have owned a Ray for 7 years. I have not done much RB diving in the last 2 years. My Oxygauge is not functioning and I would like to know what is available for PP02 monitoring. I have a 50% and 32% dosage device and normally dive less than 110' (recreational only, no caves or deco diving). I have just started my research and not sure where to begin. I do not want to spend a lot of cash, but do not want to die!

Any suggestions?
    How about used oxygauges?

Sounds like there is no more factory support and problems with the design. I would assume that there is something else available. I really do not want to make any major modifications to my rig.

Thanks,

Jeff

Explorers Exodus Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing's Avatar
    rEvo-II

Re: PPO2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by scubabubba1978  View Original Post
    Hello,

I have owned a Ray for 7 years. I have not done much RB diving in the last 2 years. My Oxygauge is not functioning and I would like to know what is available for PP02 monitoring. I have a 50% and 32% dosage device and normally dive less than 110' (recreational only, no caves or deco diving). I have just started my research and not sure where to begin. I do not want to spend a lot of cash, but do not want to die!

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

I can follow your train of thought about dying.

One stand alone solution would be the rEvoDream, if you just want monitoring: rEvo-rebreathers
    Talk to Paul Raymaekers about that one.
    This does not include any deco/NDL calculation and is purely a monitoring device.

Otherwise you could go for an integrated system, which is more exspensive but will also let you do more: F.ex. the VR3 with inline monitoring.

There's also small devices from www.techme.de , wich is specially for Dräger-units.

You shuold think about the no. of sensors you want in your loop (1,2,3) as errant sensor-readings can cause you problems - conventional solution is to add redundancy through added sensors, but for your diving this could again be overkill.

Hope the above gave you something to start with.

Nicolai

New Member scubabubba1978 is an unknown quantity at this point scubabubba1978's Avatar

Smile Re: PPO2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by Hanssing  View Original Post
    Hi Jeff,

I can follow your train of thought about dying.

One stand alone solution would be the rEvoDream, if you just want monitoring: rEvo-rebreathers
    Talk to Paul Raymaekers about that one.
    This does not include any deco/NDL calculation and is purely a monitoring device.

Otherwise you could go for an integrated system, which is more exspensive but will also let you do more: F.ex. the VR3 with inline monitoring.

There's also small devices from www.techme.de , wich is specially for Dräger-units.

You shuold think about the no. of sensors you want in your loop (1,2,3) as errant sensor-readings can cause you problems - conventional solution is to add redundancy through added sensors, but for your diving this could again be overkill.

Hope the above gave you something to start with.

Nicolai

Thanks! this is a good start.

Jeff

+ Reply to Thread