+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bailout gas choices

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Bailout gas choices

For those of us who dive a wide range of depths, Iím curious to hear what everyone does for bailout gas choices. Personally I have a small flotilla of tanks that contain standard mixes. 10/60, 20/30, EAN 50, O2 etc. These standard mixes may not necessarily be the perfect bailout gas for a dive but they cover the wide range of diving I do. 6m through to some 100m stuff.
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Standard mix except for dives deeper than 100m.

The majority of the wrecks here are from 72 to 92m so 10/50 is easy to mix, easy to top off, easy and quick to lower PO2 when needed. The drawback is it is hypoxic on surface so must be a thinking-diver.

The only wreck here deeper than 100m is the U-533 at 115m, so I use 10/70.

I like 10% O2 since it makes it easy to compute PO2 when performing diluent flush.

Deco gas is 50% to match with the rest of the OC guys. Extra O2 could be dropped from the boat (if needed) but not count on to complete bail-out dive requirements.

On blow-out days, I still use 10/50 diluent for anything shallow as well as training dives so I don't have to reblend the diluent tank. I just don't carry trimix bail-out stage for shallow dives.

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar
    Hi,

I use Standard mixes for all my dives from 0 to 120m:
    - no potential confusion during planning, filling or marking
    - Standard bail-out tables
    - More flexibility for a wider range of depths
    - if possible, same mixes for all the team (more bail-out options, same deco)

Cheers

Banned Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del's Avatar
    JJ, it rocks!

Sports KISS

Most of my dives are pertty well standard, with 2 main depths, 50m and ~75m, so I use standard gasses. Makes mixing / boosting ever so much easier as my calculator batteries went flat lasst year...

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

I try to use standard mixes for the regular dives but for new or deeper dives I try to find a best mix that fits with the group. Once I start doing that dive regular I might try to fit it to one of the standard mixes or make it a new standar mix.

How many standard mixes can you have before it is "best mix" ?

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wizbang
    How many standard mixes can you have before it is "best mix" ?
    IMHO, one. Two max if diving deeper than 100m just so the END could be kept shallow.

New Member mothball is an unknown quantity at this point mothball's Avatar
    I'm still a novice with the Dolphin SCR, but I just mounted a second bailout to the left of the unit. I'll be jammin it with EANx 40 since I'll be staying above 100'. I'll have the standard air bailout on the right side of the unit until I can get back to 70' or so if I need to bailout. Dave

+ Reply to Thread