+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drysuit Inflation

RBW Member scubamartin is an unknown quantity at this point scubamartin's Avatar

Drysuit Inflation

Hello All,

Has any one tried a 6 cubic feet pony bottle for drysuit inflation?

I've used it only once, a rental, and I was in a hurry. Did not know at the time how much pressure there was in it and add to complete 10 minutes of deco using my Trimix. Fortunatly, the water was warm enough.

In your experience, for 300 feet and above, does a 6 cubic feet tank have enough volume for drysuit inflation to satisfy bottom times of about 35 minutes considering the gas compression factor at 300 feet ?

Thanks!

New Member jmark18 is an unknown quantity at this point jmark18's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Re: Drysuit Inflation

With a 6 cu.ft. bottle at 3000 psi I can get 2-3 dives down to 250 ft. on 1 bottle.If it is cold and I have a lot of gas in my suit 2 dives and if not as cold 3 dives on 1 fill.

Jeff

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by jmark18  View Original Post
    With a 6 cu.ft. bottle at 3000 psi I can get 2-3 dives Jeff
    Same here. a 6cft is more than enough at least for 1 dive.
    Best
    Philippe

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

I have a 6cf suit bottle and its good for 2 dives a day. I'm actually thinking of getting a 2nd one after just running out (i just had enough to take *most* of the squeeze of at max depth) of suit inflation on a 3rd dive.

Cheers

New Member jqn will become famous soon enough jqn will become famous soon enough jqn will become famous soon enough jqn's Avatar
    Sport KISS

Evolution

I have used a 6 cu ft bottle for years. It is always good for 2 deep dives for me. If I have the option to top off I usually will, but it actually is not necessary.

Jerry

Go DEEP!!!! Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer's Avatar
    MEGALODON

Evolution, KISS GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN  View Original Post
    A 6cft is more than enough at least for 1 dive.
    Yuppers. Easily. You can always top up between dives if needed .

+ Reply to Thread