+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Dirty loop and lung infection?

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on 'til morning...
    Megalodon

Re: Dirty loop and lung infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Skipbreather  View Original Post
    You mean something like this? :)

Took all of 10 minutes to build. Just a $10 bathroom exhaust fan & a few bits of PVC pipe.
    Excellent!!!
    Show me where the connections are for the pvc pipe.
    The heck with rainy day, it's my day off today and HD is open until late anyway.

Dive safe,

Celia

PS I am thinking of a mod to allow two sets of CL's to dry now....

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on 'til morning...
    Megalodon

Re: Dirty loop and lung infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Celia_E  View Original Post
    Excellent!!!
    Show me where the connections are for the pvc pipe.
    The heck with rainy day, it's my day off today and HD is open until late anyway.

Dive safe,

Celia

PS I am thinking of a mod to allow two sets of CL's to dry now....
    Oh, never mind I just looked at the pic again and figured it out!!

Thanks for the idea!!! Marvelous!!

Dive safe,

Celia

RBW Member RebreatherSwiTcH is an unknown quantity at this point RebreatherSwiTcH's Avatar
    Austin, Tx, Brainerd Mn, Davao Philippines
    Drager Dolphin

Question Re: Dirty loop and preventative maintnence.

Regarding imediate loop disinfection post-dive. I believe most of the materials that can propagate harmful strands of pathogens are contained in our body fluids ie; saliva mucus foods that get into the breathing system. These sugars/proteins left inside of the loop post dive provide the richest environment for culturing harmful pathogens very fast.

Flushing these materials out of the loop is easiest immediately post dive, while still loose and moist. Pathogens would also have the least amount of time to build on these "fluids" moreover dealing with a problem before it starts.

The problem:
    one can "disinfect" even with a Fung/Bact/Viro/Microbicide solution post dive, during a loop flush killing everything. Yet most of these disinfectants are rinsed off after the first dip so as not to intertwine with swill on your next dive. With no sanitizer/disinfectant still present on the inner loop I would presume there is still potential of having new harmful cultures develop if a warm moist/damp environment is provided for a prolonged period once again.
    Just stressing how crucial it is to properly DRY equiptment after proper disinfection/rinse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10