+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cochran Problem

RBW Member kwmarch is an unknown quantity at this point kwmarch's Avatar
    Meg

Dolphin MCCR

Cochran Problem

As I was about to complete a dive the other day at a depth of approx. 10 feet my Cochran computer started to scroll thru the menus and finally went into surface mode. All before I reached the surface. Has anybody experienced this problem and how was it rectified.

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

Re: Cochran Problem

cochran is known for being tempermental, call them and tell them you want it recalibrated, sometimes they'll send you a replacement no questiones asked

laytah
    steve

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by kwmarch  View Original Post
    As I was about to complete a dive the other day at a depth of approx. 10 feet my Cochran computer started to scroll thru the menus and finally went into surface mode. All before I reached the surface. Has anybody experienced this problem and how was it rectified.
    It smells like you had a transducer go bad. No big deal. Contact Cochran and send it in for service. In my 14 years using thier units on thousands of dives I have seen that on a few occasions. Usually it just needs a recalibration or a transducer to be replaced.

Ive seen this on a lot of Uwatec, Suunto, Oceanic and HSE units too. It's pretty rare on the Cochrans over the past 6 years or so. But it happens.

If you don't have a dealer nearby just contact them directly at Cochran Undersea Technology or give me a call and I will see what i can do to help you out.

Cheers

RBW Member kwmarch is an unknown quantity at this point kwmarch's Avatar
    Meg

Dolphin MCCR

Quote Originally Posted by JS1scuba  View Original Post
    It smells like you had a transducer go bad. No big deal. Contact Cochran and send it in for service. In my 14 years using thier units on thousands of dives I have seen that on a few occasions. Usually it just needs a recalibration or a transducer to be replaced.

Ive seen this on a lot of Uwatec, Suunto, Oceanic and HSE units too. It's pretty rare on the Cochrans over the past 6 years or so. But it happens.

If you don't have a dealer nearby just contact them directly at Cochran Undersea Technology or give me a call and I will see what i can do to help you out.

Cheers
    Thanks, I cleaned the contacts and then dove the computer in a test pot we have at work. I dove it to 170 feet and left it there simulating a deco dive, I then travelled the computer to the surface. End result was there was no further problems. I will now try it on a actual dive

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

they have a few qurks here and there but you can fix most in the field...as you did...it's built to a navy standard so they are simple to use....hope you get many more hours, i have 3 cochrans aqnd love them
    laytah
    steve

+ Reply to Thread