+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cell Warning!

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Question Cell Warning!

I would like some input............ I just had my head serviced and that included fresh cells. On the last two dives the cells were calibrated prior to the dives and slowly over the course of the dive were reading farther and farther off of the set point. At one point on the second dive I got a cell warning on the hand set (this ended the dive). Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. The issue has been reported to SDS and they should get back to me tomorrow.

Rob

RBW Member jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9 is just really nice jptaylor9's Avatar

Re: Cell Warning!

I've had a couple of cells that seemed to loose calibration on longer dives, drifted to 0.2 below other cells. O2 flush at 6m & they only made it to 1.4. Once head dried out, they calibrated OK & worked OK for 90mins to 2 hours.

When doing 2 dives, cell caused "must calibration" when unit turned on for 2nd dive rather than the more usual "calibrate?". However, more noticeable on longer 3 hour dives.

One cell replaced by AP, the other is currently in my spares kit.

Replacing cell fixed issue.

Hope this helps

JT

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by jptaylor9  View Original Post
    I've had a couple of cells that seemed to loose calibration on longer dives, drifted to 0.2 below other cells. O2 flush at 6m & they only made it to 1.4. Once head dried out, they calibrated OK & worked OK for 90mins to 2 hours.

When doing 2 dives, cell caused "must calibration" when unit turned on for 2nd dive rather than the more usual "calibrate?". However, more noticeable on longer 3 hour dives.

Hope this helps

JT
    Thanks for the info. I am hoping that AP will replace the cells and that will be all that is needed. Should here back tomorrow

Rob

This is serious......mum Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy has a spectacular aura about Dave & Sandy's Avatar
    rEVO 111

Inspo Classic

Quote Originally Posted by jptaylor9  View Original Post

Hope this helps

JT
    Same problem we have encountered on the Classic. On long dives you get cells which begin to lag but not enough to set off a "cell warning" or maybe just very briefly now and again. No doubt from water droplets on the face of the cells. On a second dive in a day you can get the "must calibrate" if you've noticed cells become laggy. All cells will still reach 1.6 + in the above scenarios.

Had a couple of cells over the last year begin to lag significantly. Wouldn't reach 1.4 on an o2 flush whilst the others did. They were about 8 months old. Turfed them and replaced. No problems. Figured they were current limited.

+ Reply to Thread