+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: San Diego charter?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

San Diego charter?

I called one charter outfit in San Diego. They said they deal with RBs but they didn't have the required fitting to fill my megalodon O2 tanks

Someone on scubaboard suggested it was only 100ft I should just dive OC
    Please can someone tell me of a reasonable RB friendly charter operator in San Diego so I can visit my old ship the Yukon. I sailed on her for almost 7 years, I should go for a visit. I will probably drag a couple of RB buddies along as well. Anyone want to join me? When is best time to go?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

Re: San Diego charter?

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    I called one charter outfit in San Diego. They said they deal with RBs but they didn't have the required fitting to fill my megalodon O2 tanks

Someone on scubaboard suggested it was only 100ft I should just dive OC
    Please can someone tell me of a reasonable RB friendly charter operator in San Diego so I can visit my old ship the Yukon. I sailed on her for almost 7 years, I should go for a visit. I will probably drag a couple of RB buddies along as well. Anyone want to join me? When is best time to go?
    You are kidding right ? You expect some shop in San Diego to know how to fill a tank?

For gas fills you go to SDUA SDUA Home Page

For boat go get the Goby -- it's a small fast boat -- takes 4 --
    dlsurfdivr@hotmail.com.

Cheers

JDS

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

yeah, OC...

I am going to be in SD the first week of October, and have a couple of possible options, guess a couple of new charters are coming on line soon. need to see which ones pan out (report from scubanimal here on RBW), I can keep you in the loop if you like.

i planned on going out to the Yukon as well. if you're still around then the company would welcome.

Best time, no idea, going cuz I'll be there with nothing to do but dive!!!

hoppyinca

BTW, no one that I have contacted made it sound as if it would be easy... Right now I am planning on trans filling my spheres due to no VIP/ Hydro for the LDS (inconel spheres)...

...Someone on scubaboard suggested ... just dive OC ...

...someone tell me of a reasonable RB friendly charter... visit... the Yukon...

Anyone want to join me?...
    When is best time to go?

RBW Member sddiverrob is an unknown quantity at this point sddiverrob's Avatar

There are only a couple RB divers in the San Diego area, and no charter that supports them, they may allow them but they don't provide O2 fills or sorb. As Joel said Goby is by far the best charter operation in town.

Send me a PM before you come and I'll help you set stuff up here.

Rob

designer of death rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr is a jewel in the rough rdmmdr's Avatar

sounds like fun i could bring my booster and some o2 down with me. what dates is are you guys looking at.
    rick

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by rdmmdr  View Original Post
    sounds like fun i could bring my booster and some o2 down with me. what dates is are you guys looking at.
    rick
    You and your booster would be most welcome:D I am planning for late August early September.

Quote Originally Posted by JS1scuba
    For boat go get the Goby -- it's a small fast boat -- takes 4 --
    dlsurfdivr@hotmail.com.
    Hey Joel, that email address was rejected. Got another one?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

You and your booster would be most welcome:D I am planning for late August early September.

Hey Joel, that email address was rejected. Got another one?
    OK if you want to do something in September let me go find a boat for us. I will join in. As to gas .... don't sweat it. i will jack a cupla set's of doubles to whatever we need them to be and transfill.

Give me some dates you want off board and I will search out something.

JDS

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by JS1scuba  View Original Post
    OK if you want to do something in September let me go find a boat for us. I will join in. As to gas .... don't sweat it. i will jack a cupla set's of doubles to whatever we need them to be and transfill.

Give me some dates you want off board and I will search out something.

JDS
    Cool, I'll check with the others (and travelocity) and get some dates.

I knew doubles were good for something
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

If you need sorb while in San Diego, Aqua Tech is the place to go. They stock it by the truck load- one time a guy who worked there showed me an entire shipping container full. They sell a LOT of it to the commercial dive folks.

San Diego Scuba Diving - Divers Gear Equipment Southern California - Dive San Diego

They are about as full service as a dive store gets. They supply initial OW, full throttle commercial, and military- and everything in between. They have several dozen antique helmets/ hard hats on display in the store and there’s even an honest-to-God bathyscaphe on the roof. Definitely worth a visit for just the ‘gee whizz’ factor for any traveling diver. I’d give them a call to see about O2 support.

Rebreathers Rock Recrebreather is on a distinguished road Recrebreather is on a distinguished road Recrebreather's Avatar

I used Aqua Tech when I was down in San Diego in March and they were helpful and were able o fill my Inspo tanks no problem.

If ou guys are doing a large enough boat, I would love to come down to SD that week.

Mike...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast