+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Japan Ccr Equipment

RBW Member aquaxel is on a distinguished road aquaxel is on a distinguished road aquaxel's Avatar
    KISS

Japan Ccr Equipment

hi everyone.

together with 3 other ccr divers from uk and sweden i am planning a 1 week dive session in the wakayama area near osaka starting on the 22nd of may.

if anyone out there could help us to get some equipment we would need, it would be much appriciated.

we would need to know where to get it, delivery time and of course how much it costs.

here the shopping list:

1 or 2 large size 50 liter helium cylinder for breathing

1 or 2 large size 50 litre cylinder of medical oxygen

what is the pressure?

6 x 4 litre tanks for the rebreathers. if possible in steel and o2 serviced.

4 x 12 or 15 litre bailout tanks for air (steel)

4 x 10 litre oxygen tanks (steel)

all cylinders with din valve.

as we are diving in the kushimoto area if anyone can recommend any dive school we should use and which has possible oxygen fills? of course we need also a boat for the dives and a place to stay. please info us if you have any recommendations.
    Last edited by aquaxel; 6th May 2007 at 18:54. Reason: typos

RBW Member ntokyo is an unknown quantity at this point ntokyo's Avatar
    Copis Hammer Mini

rEvo II mCCR

Re: Japan Ccr Equipment

Hi,
    I do not know any Dive Center in Kushimoto, but even for Tokyo it may be difficult to gather all this material from one source. Mixed Gas diving exists and you can find almost everything, but problem is to get it from an official way through a shop ...

Few comments:

1 or 2 large size 50 liter helium cylinder for breathing
    It costs approximately 27,000 JPY with delivery. But you need to find a dive center close to Kushimoto for delivery (you also need to find a proper DIN adaptor, He tanks in Japan are different from US, in fact Japan He is US hydrogen thread). Pressure is 150 bars (most of the time 135 bars...). Most of the time you need to be a company to get it. This is actual cost, a shop might charge you more.

1 or 2 large size 50 litre cylinder of medical oxygen
    It cost approxiamtel 8,000 JPY. In Osaka area, O2 thread are different from Tokyo (adaptor ?). Pressure is 150 bars for these big supply tank (135 bars in pratice). I never saw 200 bars.

6 x 4 litre tanks for the rebreathers. if possible in steel and o2 serviced.
    One model, the Aqua-lung

4 x 12 or 15 litre bailout tanks for air (steel)
    You can get 12 liters of 14 liters in Japan (15l does not exist)

4 x 10 litre oxygen tanks (steel)
    Steel does not exist for O2. You can get Aluminium

all cylinders with din valve.
    Oxygen are often in Yoke, you will need to bring your adaptor.

I recommend to contact Blue Quest Japan, they are specialized in Rebreathers and may be able to organize it for you. After I am not sure...

http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~blue-q/rebreatherb/index5.htm

RBW Member aquaxel is on a distinguished road aquaxel is on a distinguished road aquaxel's Avatar
    KISS

thanks ntokyo.

of course i forgot 1 important item

the lime. we would need 60kg.

where to get that for how much?

Copis Hammer Mini

rEvo II mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by aquaxel  View Original Post
    thanks ntokyo.

of course i forgot 1 important item

the lime. we would need 60kg.

where to get that for how much?
    Blue Quest may be able to provide it to you. Except them, I do not know any place selling it... Or Aqua-Lung Japan maybe through any retail shop (takes 2-3 days...).

What are you going to see in Kushimoto ?

Cheers,

Nicolas

KISS

we r planning to do a wreck there. details will be posted soon.
    Last edited by aquaxel; 7th May 2007 at 10:51.

Copis Hammer Mini

rEvo II mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by aquaxel  View Original Post
    we r planning to do a wreck there. details will be posted soon.
    I used to have a "all you can eat buffet" there when it was still on surface.....
    Last edited by ntokyo; 7th May 2007 at 13:48. Reason: confidential info

KISS

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

If you haven't dove it before...kushimoto is awsome...the people are so friendly you'll wanna extend your stay. I got cylinders from the coast guard while i was there. all the bottles they had were 63 and 72 CU.
    laytah
    steve

KISS

i can imagine. i have a view friends in japan and been there b4. not in kishimoto.
    however so far we work good together with the coast guard.
    there is tons of diveschools there just dont know yet from which we will get the boat.
    tanks form the coast guard. hmmm. interresting
    the only similar thing i did once was in east germany shortly after the reunification. i rented tanks from the firebrigade.

where did u stay in kushimoto?

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

Wifes from yao osaka originally so we stayed in a cabin right there in kushimoto, eat really good if you like japanese food, and they had REALLY REALLY cold beeer...and hot sake and...lots of hot chix. you'll see alot of cool sea life, saw some coll shimp kicking each others asses...lots of lion fish too, but they are so abundant in that area the japanese don't care...if a "GAJIN" is pointing at something they figure its eather a lionfish or a eel...dragon eels everywhere too.
    laytah
    steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast