+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dump Valve Setting

RBW Member blackvet is an unknown quantity at this point blackvet's Avatar

Dump Valve Setting

I'm new to the Dolphin and I have to say I'm loving it! Feels a lot nicer than twin 112's! I'm curious to know how you more experienced Dolphin divers set your dump valve while diving. Any suggestions... Thanks Mike

RBW Member Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy's Avatar
    PRISM TOPAZ

RAY, DOLPHIN, BIOMARINE RAPTOR

I normally wind the valve all the way in for tnhe Positive pressure check and then 6 notches out. Start at an arbitrary setting (like 6 notches out from full on) and play with it till you loose the 'puffy cheek' effect and/or it vents at a maximum interval.

Once you have the setting you like just remember how many settings from full on it is.

New Member mothball is an unknown quantity at this point mothball's Avatar
    My OPV has 4 clicks to it. I leave mine at the tightest setting, but I do like I'm not suppose to (according to the official TDI course) and put EANx40 into the EANx50 orfice mainly because I just can't breath that fast. I'm getting a couple of bubbles every 8 - 12 breaths. Keep the loop flowing, Dave

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

Welcome Blackvet to the Dolphiners.
    When diving it SCR I tried to find the setting that made the chipmunk cheeks bearable, but in the end I would just exhale a portion through the mask (to clear it a bit) before the chipmunks developed. Worked great.

As CCR I have it wound fully down and that is where it stays until servicing.

Hope that helps.

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Same as Wiz
    Prefer it wound all the way down and just vented through my nose when I felt my checks starting to puff.

Wiz what happened to my Dolphin, does Jonathon still have it ?
    Is it a CCR yet or a dust collector ?

Cheers
    Chris

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

Hey ho Chris, it has some dust on it, but is ear marked "for sale" or as an O2 Deco unit. Which ever comes first.

That is unless I borrow the scrubber to have two.

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Blackvet,

Haven't had a chance before to welcome you to Rebreather World. Glad you have become a member, and glad you've found the Dolphiners. We've got a good crowd of them, with mods of every imaginable type!

The folks here are glad to share info, suggestions, and stories about what worked and what didn't.

Again, welcome aboard.

Cheers!

Rob

RBW Member blackvet is an unknown quantity at this point blackvet's Avatar
    I glad I found this great site. Thank you all for the warm welcome! I love the world of silent diving...no more doubles...HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

+ Reply to Thread