View Poll Results: Would you like to have a RBW sub-forum in your own language?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Spanish / Espanol

1 1.27%
  • Yes! French / Francais

6 7.59%
  • Yes! German / Deutsch

6 7.59%
  • Yes! Other (Please specify)

4 5.06%
  • No! I am happy with RBW in English only.

62 78.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RBW forum in your own language?

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

RBW forum in your own language?

Hi.

For all non-English member of RBW:
    As there are many non-native speakers on RBW, would you like to have a generic (no specific topic) sub-forum in your own language? Would a sub-forum in your own language be helpful for your local RB community (organise events, exchange information, exchange ideas for home builds, ... ?

Please vote & post your thoughts here.
    Thanks!

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: RBW forum in your own language?

Personally I prefer the forums to stay in English.
    Easy for me to say having lived in the States, but there are small boards
    or RB lists in many countries/languages so IMHO I think it isn't necessary to
    have that on RBW.

Rb Aficionado SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7  View Original Post
    Personally I prefer the forums to stay in English.
    Easy for me to say having lived in the States, but there are small boards
    or RB lists in many countries/languages so IMHO I think it isn't necessary to
    have that on RBW.

Well said stefan ;) Most importantly - English is an INTERNATIONAL accepted language :)

I may not write well but I do understand them when I read (most of it at least) ;)

Cheers

Wei Lan

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by sven  View Original Post
    Hi.

For all non-English member of RBW:
    As there are many non-native speakers on RBW, would you like to have a generic (no specific topic) sub-forum in your own language? Would a sub-forum in your own language be helpful for your local RB community (organise events, exchange information, exchange ideas for home builds, ... ?

Please vote & post your thoughts here.
    Thanks!
    ??? isn't there a possibility to have your page automaticly translated by some program (babel or alta vista or ???)
    I know the translation is far from perfect, but in this way we could stick with one forum: there is already a problem that info gets 'scattered' over different forums, at the moment I'm following .... 7 different :-(

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

www.rebreather.com.br zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave's Avatar
    O2ptima / Liberty / Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    ??? isn't there a possibility to have your page automaticly translated by some program (babel or alta vista or ???)
    I know the translation is far from perfect, but in this way we could stick with one forum: there is already a problem that info gets 'scattered' over different forums, at the moment I'm following .... 7 different :-(

paul
    Paul, it's a good idea but in some languages they are far from usefull. I can't speak for other languages but for portuguese those translators make the information really hard to understand as they translate words and keep them in the same order, wich makes the sentences hard to read. Some languages also have words that mean something in a sentence and mean something else in another, those translators don't understand that very well.

Zé.

RBW Member Monsta is an unknown quantity at this point Monsta's Avatar

I actually would prefer this board to stay in english. I don´t mind if somebody is kiddin´ around with his buddy in their language but i would prefer to understand most of the content.

Somebody recently wrote that this is a global community and as english is the language most of us at least can read - let´s stay with it.

Martin

i ko nix dafüa seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu's Avatar
    sf 1,?

jj,mccr-inspi,classic,rgfüm

hai
    ein deutschsprechendes forum wär klasse.oder andersrum,wenn hier die nicht zu übersetzenden ausdrücke weniger würden.wär mir schon geholfen.
    gruss sepp

Quote Originally Posted by seppu  View Original Post
    hai
    ein deutschsprechendes forum wär klasse.oder andersrum,wenn hier die nicht zu übersetzenden ausdrücke weniger würden.wär mir schon geholfen.
    gruss sepp
    in Babel Fish "shark a German-speaking forum more waer more klasse.oder andersrum one, if those does not express those which can be translated here fewer more wuerden.waer me already helped greeting sepp"

so much for an online translation though having said that I would think some valuable content would be buried if threads were in small language specific forrums.

Ian Martin scubanimal will become famous soon enough scubanimal will become famous soon enough scubanimal will become famous soon enough scubanimal will become famous soon enough scubanimal's Avatar
    rEvo, Vision Inspo, Mark VI

Dolphin,Optima

I hope not. It is really impressive (partly because I can't) that so many of the members can converse so well in a second language, many have a better grasp on English than I do. With all the nonsense going on in the world it is a wonderful thing that we can discuss common concepts and even a few debates without culture and idioms getting in the way.

New Member CCRHexe is an unknown quantity at this point CCRHexe's Avatar

Happy to keep it in English but if you built up a German forum will visit it for sure as well ! Comparing to the german forums about Rebreathers I am even getting confused with all the " german words " as I never heard about it .. ( my course and manuals were in English ).
    Already the word " Kreislaufgeraete " is a " Zungenbrecher.. "

When jemand eine gutes deutschsprachiges Forum kennt, bitte adresse mitteilen. Die ich bis jetzt gefunden habe waren nicht der Hit..

Thanks/Danke
    CCRHexe