+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oxygen in Austin Texas

Still Learning Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose's Avatar

Oxygen in Austin Texas

Heading to Austin Texas on Business on Sunday and need to fill my 6 cubic foot din valve bottle with O2 sometime during the week for some diving the next weekend. Any suggestions?

TIA

Tom

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

Re: Oxygen in Austin Texas

Tom,

I would try either Oak Hills Scuba or Austin Aqua Sports.
    Links-
    Austin Aqua Sports- Austin Aqua Sports - Service Center
    Oak Hills Scuba-
    Welcome to Oak Hill Scuba

Also you could try Texas Swamp Divers from Scubaboard.
    ScubaBoard - Texas Swamp Divers

What kind of profile are you looking for Tom?
    I have been diving this lake since 1991. However, it is a 300mi drive for me from Dallas.

Presently, the lake is up and we have about 20ft visibility best we have seen in two years.

Lake conditions to 60ft - Current LTTS Weather Readings
    Its a little chilly still.

Places to dive.
    There is Windy Point- this is a favorite. Private property very safe and only divers tend to visit. There is a public state park next door that is considerably cheaper but not nearly as safe for your car or gear.
    Windy point Park (private) - Windy Point Park
    Windy point public- Bob Wentz Park, Travis County, Texas
    (they are on the same small street.)

Mansfield Damn is a blast. However, my favorite entrance is the ‘walk of shame’ that is some 93 steps to the water and that’s no fun in doubles. The site is very popular and you can dive the damn face. This is typically a deep site however there is a cove with some small boats and such. - Mansfield Dam Park, Travis County, Texas

Just South of Austin is San Marcos.
    There is a spring lake that is off limits. However, we get in at the waterfall and play in the waterfall and follow it down to the last exit at the university park. Very shallow but very unquie for a Texas site- Spring feed river. The waterfall is a blast depending on conditions.

Tom, if I had some advanced noticed I would have joined you and shown you the sites; but my gear is out being repaired (literally) and I need a little time to plan because of the distance.

If you get a chance there is lots of great places to eat.
    Give me a yell if I can be any more help.

Best Regards, Andrew

+ Reply to Thread