+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heat Shock proteins - lower stress - lower bend risks

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Heat Shock proteins - lower stress - lower bend risks

Hi Guys,
    I am after some info/article concerning "stress protein" as Heat Shock Proteins in relation with breathing gaz under pressure.
    I have some brief info that a research team from university of Malta has shown some beneficial effects of a molecule that would increase significantly the endogenous production of HSP (on a team of divers(?)) leading to a lower stress and a quicker cellular restoration therefore deacreasing the risks of bends.
    Anyone knows more?
    Best
    Philippe

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Philippe,

I am not specifically familiar with the Maltese research, but Tom Mount of IANTD has done a lot of research into that kind of question. Perhaps a bit of poking about in his writings would provide you with some information?

Rob

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Thanks Rob,
    I'll browse through Tom's work.
    Best
    Philippe

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

Hey Phillipe, that would make for some interesting reading. If you find some stuff would you mind dropping a link or info back to here so those interested can follow along.?
    Thanks Wiz

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    Hi Phillipe,

the Israelis have also done similar research. I think they also found a reduction in susceptibility to CNS toxicity. You should be able to track it down through one of the online medical/scientific journal indexes. The brain produced proteins during heat stroke which when isolated caused those benefits in lab animals.

Cheers,

Stuart

Joseph Grech Joseph Grech is an unknown quantity at this point Joseph Grech's Avatar
    Ha, The protein you are talking about is into a cactus which just grows wild everywhere here in Malta especially in Gozo where I am from. In fact I have some in my garden acting as windshield. Maybe it is time to start eating the *****ly pear !!!!!

joseph

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN
    Hi Guys,
    I am after some info/article concerning "stress protein" as Heat Shock Proteins in relation with breathing gaz under pressure.
    I have some brief info that a research team from university of Malta has shown some beneficial effects of a molecule that would increase significantly the endogenous production of HSP (on a team of divers(?)) leading to a lower stress and a quicker cellular restoration therefore deacreasing the risks of bends.
    Anyone knows more?
    Best
    Philippe
    At the NAUI deep stops conference in Tampa a few years back there was research presented on the topic. I will have to see if I can find the conference overview booklet and pull up the researcher's name.. (I do know the entire precedings were available from nauitech)
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Curmudgeon babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar's Avatar
    There were several abstracts and papers on hsp's presented at the UHMS conference in june. You might be able to search the website: www.uhms.org

+ Reply to Thread