+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: History Channel Britannic 2006 Presentation

EXPLORER Leigh Bishop is an unknown quantity at this point Leigh Bishop's Avatar

History Channel Britannic 2006 Presentation

In September of 2006 an expedition was mounted by Deep Sea Detectives John Chatterton and Richie Kohler to explore and film the wreck of Britannic (Titanics Sister Ship) for a History Channel special documentary to be screened later this year.

The team made up of international technical divers used large studio HD TV cameras to film inside the wreck, cameras tethered to the surface by fibre optic cable.

A one off presentation by Richie Kohler & myself (expedition cameraman Leigh Bishop) about the expedition will be held at Falmouth Maritime Museum, Cornwall on Wed June 6th 2007.

Both Richie & Leigh will talk about the logistics of the expedition and show some behind the scenes footage edited together by the History Channel especially for this presentation.

Only 100 seats available for booking and more information see this link
    http://www.deepimage.co.uk/britannic.htm
    Leigh Bishop
    co organiser EuroTek Tek diving show
    www.eurotek.uk.com & www.eurotekpodcasts.com
    Shipwreck Exploration
    www.deepimage.co.uk

Custom Title Allowed! Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law's Avatar

Re: History Channel Britannic 2006 Presentation

Hi Leigh,

As it happens I will be in Falmouth that week along with Stewie (the bell) Andrews and we would like two tickets please.

Looking forward to seeing some of the footage you took I believe its quite stunning.

Regards

RBW Member Stewart McMickan is an unknown quantity at this point Stewart McMickan's Avatar

Is it possible to buy this footage on dvd? as i can imagine it must be very interesting?

RBW Member Monsta is an unknown quantity at this point Monsta's Avatar

If itīs the same presentation as they did in Brussels in April - i definitely recommend going there! Itīs just breathtaking!

MONSTA

RBW Member GMM is an unknown quantity at this point GMM's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Inspiration

Well Worth A Look Great Lecture ,fantastic Footage,i Have Been Attending The Falmouth Museum Lectures Leigh Has Been Hosting
    For The Past Couple Of Years,after The Presentation,you Can Have A Meal In The Museum,then Hit The Pubs Of Falmouth,a Great Night Out!

RBW Member Grahjam is an unknown quantity at this point Grahjam's Avatar
    Warrington (a delightful Cheshire Hamlet) - UK

Hi Leigh

Sounds like a top presentation - Falmouths a bit of a trek from Cheshire though - so do you have any plans for a similar event upth' North???

Br & safe divin
    GMc

Custom Title Allowed! Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Bishop  View Original Post

In September of 2006 an expedition was mounted by Deep Sea Detectives John Chatterton and Richie Kohler to explore and film the wreck of Britannic (Titanics Sister Ship) for a History Channel special documentary to be screened later this year.

The team made up of international technical divers used large studio HD TV cameras to film inside the wreck, cameras tethered to the surface by fibre optic cable.

A one off presentation by Richie Kohler & myself (expedition cameraman Leigh Bishop) about the expedition will be held at Falmouth Maritime Museum, Cornwall on Wed June 6th 2007.

Both Richie & Leigh will talk about the logistics of the expedition and show some behind the scenes footage edited together by the History Channel especially for this presentation.

Only 100 seats available for booking and more information see this link
    http://www.deepimage.co.uk/britannic.htm
    This coming Wednesday is the 6th of June if anyone can make it from RBW I will see you there.

Regards

Just a quick note to congratulate Leigh Bishop and Richie Kohler on an excellent talk last Wednesday Evening and thumbs up for taking the time out of a busy weeks deep wreck diving to talk about the forth coming History Channel documentary about the Britannic and her sinking during WW1.

The talk was held at the Maritime Museum in Falmouth, Cornwall, in the UK and a good crowd attended that added to the atmosphere and set the scene for a detailed view of diving the Britannic including all the logistical demands that such a trip posses.

From having to convert a local boat for diving purpose to bringing all the gear and gas required to film and explore the massive wreck of the Britannic including penetrating deep within the hull to further examine the factors surrounding it's sinking.

A sister ship of the Titanic the Britannic Talk gave the chance to compare a few of the details between the two ships both now as wrecks and previously in there hay day as massive ships built to travel across the Atlantic before meeting their dramatic ends.

Some video footage was also supplied by the History Channel and that along with the stills of the wreck taken by Leigh Bishop made this a very enjoyable evening and it was good to see most the other divers from the expedition also present.

I have posted a couple of pictures below from the evening and they show;

1/ The Maritime Museum in Falmouth

2/ + 3/ Leigh and Richie

4/ A few of the other divers hiding at the back.
    Attached Images

RBW Member scuba_phil is on a distinguished road scuba_phil is on a distinguished road scuba_phil's Avatar

Leigh,
    Any idea when the History channel is going to air the special?

Thanks,
    Phil

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

hi all, i too would like to say thank you to both, leigh bishop and richie kohler who gave a fantastic presentation of the 2006 brittanic expedition, in the maritime museum, falmouth, cornwall, uk. DEAN ( my son ) and i had a great few days in cornwall, we met all the divers who took part in that expedition and other expeditions. and also a special thank you to barrie law. it was most intresting to see the " behind the scenes " logistics, of how they actually went about diving this great wreck. the sheer ammount of trouble that each and everyone of those, divers, support divers, medical staff and all who were involved, went through, was just unbelievable. hats off to ye. im really looking forward in seeing the footage, when the history channel sends it too our shores.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast