+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Porthole Removal

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Porthole Removal

Found this on the net...

http://www.bevs.org/diving/porthole.htm

Any one care to share their usual techniques....

Stuart

I finished it once, but.. PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Found this on the net...

http://www.bevs.org/diving/porthole.htm

Any one care to share their usual techniques....

Stuart
    The three I've got were found by swimming over them, attaching a lift bag, and getting an OC buddy to blow up the bag for me!! Bugger the chisels, punches, and hammers!!!!!!

One of them did have some plate on it that needed cleaning off, but mostly they were free of "encumberances".

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS
    The three I've got were found by swimming over them, attaching a lift bag, and getting an OC buddy to blow up the bag for me!! Bugger the chisels, punches, and hammers!!!!!!

One of them did have some plate on it that needed cleaning off, but mostly they were free of "encumberances".
    Im with Pete on this one.

Nice ripe wreck with fruit ready to drop or dropped is the best. If they drop and sit in the sand for long they can get pitted though.

Its nice when the plating is rusted enough to yield to a nice sharp axe. Few good chops around the hole and a bit of a wriggle and its come to papa!

Anything more is too much like hard work, plenty of easy holes around.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    not so many easy ones in UK waters!

I finished it once, but.. PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    not so many easy ones in UK waters!
    ALL mine were from UK waters........ Ha ha ha ha

+ Reply to Thread