+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inspirations/Evolutions for hire (Red Sea)

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

Inspirations/Evolutions for hire (Red Sea)

Just recieved a newsletter from Tony Backhurst scuba, and they say that they now have some Inspiration and Evolution units available for hire (2 Inspirations at the moment on MV Hurricane and 2 Evolutions coming soon), minus the electronics, so you can travel out there with only your Lid and hire the rest of the unit - I asked about price and it is £100 for the week including the cylinders, the Inspirations are the original units, with the first generation (non-vision) electronics.

Normally the cylinders would cost you £20 for the week, so the unit is an additional £80, using Monarch's excess baggage prices, they charge £4/kg so you could get 20kg of excess baggage for the same rental price - using this information and the amount of kit you are thinking of shipping and how lucky you're feeling with UK baggage check in people you can decide whether you'd rather take your own unit, and risk paying excess, or hire one and absorb the cost, perhaps by shipping out a tub of lime (which costs £20 a scrubber full on MV Excel) Also depends on whether you'd trust a hire unit or not?!

I'm gonna head out there at the end of April, so I'll work out the best option for my needs.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Its £60 for 30kg exces baggage via Britiania so still only £20 more for the bonus of nato having to cart that box arround. I would go for it using my own control head. However I would pay the £30 excess and take my own 15kg of lime. 6 fills at 7.00 for the lime and £5.00 for transport would save you £42.00

ATB

Mark Chase

+ Reply to Thread