+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sport Kiss Users in Europe (Belgium-Antwerp?)

New Member Filips is an unknown quantity at this point Filips's Avatar

Sport Kiss Users in Europe (Belgium-Antwerp?)

I've just joined in this forum - seem very usefull - , and already found most of my questions answered (I originally posted at an other forum) in previous threads here.

I've almost (99%) decided on purchase of a Sport Kiss. I will be doing mostly Oosterschelde and North Sea dives, maybe occ take it to Egypt and South France.

1) which tanks for Europe (locally)
    2) what wing is best, since I already have Halcyon harness and backplate

Maybe a practical question, I'm living in Antwerp and actually never seen a sport kiss or touched one. I would, if some owners life close-by, like to see one prior to actually orderning one (to have an idea of tanks, counterlungs, jacket, wings, ...) and maybe some advices for local use and configurations.

Thanks,

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar
    Hi Filips,

you can try Erik Wouters from Antwerp Technical Diving (http://users.telenet.be/technicaldivingantwerpen/). He dives a kiss. Any specific reason why you want to go for a KISS?

Peter

Hello Peter,
    (suppose we could talk some flemish aswell).
    I know Eric, he is a very nice guy ... but he is diving a classic. He has informed and helped me already by general matters and questions about the KISS. I've also seen the classics from others, but actually never seen the SPORT itself. So just want to touch it before making my decission.

Why the Sport Kiss ??? Wel many, many reasons. First I'm only diving for 4 years and have only 250 dives (mainly Oosterschelde and North Sea). I like the things very simple (since I do not understand difficult). I'm very facinated about RB's in general, but not for the deep and extreme diving. I hate to have heavy doubles, I hate refills (and dragging around with heavy equipment). I want plenty of gas to be safe, I want long dives in the 30-40m zone (exceptional to 50 or so) to take my time and look (without bubbels) at any nudibranche that is out there. I did the Dolphin course, but found it in-effective in these depths, not totally economic ... and almost same price as Sport Kiss. Further: I'm very much convinced that RB's aren't more dangerous, but even less dangerous for this kind of diving, since you are obliged (and I feel OK about this) to PLAN your dive, to check you equipment and to have bail-out, ... . Also your margins (deco, ...) will be much safer (compare to the way we dive O.C. here ... you probably now better then me, we have a tendency here to find & seek the limits in not the most optimal diving waters surrounding us, but it's beautiful out here). It's not a fast decission from my side, I thought long about this and it's not because I have a lot of money to spend ... so I'm actually 'convinced'.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

hello filips, do you recieve 'hippocampus' : last number, the article abouth the rEvo: within a few months there might become some rEvo's I available, from people upgrading to rEvo II (with ADV, more streamlined, lighter for transport... since you don't bother abouth CE marking
    regards

paul

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar
    Hi Paul,

Any info on the rEvo. I know the Evolution (APD) but have never heard of the rEVO.

Hi Filips,

Initially I looked at the Kiss as well, but then decided to go for the Evolution because:
    1. same price if you add a hammerhead (I wanted an ECCR)
    2. over the shoulder counter lungs (better WOB)
    3. support from a big manufacturer that is not located on the other side of the pond

Peter

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

hello pcdiver: rEvo

http://www.fr.smartgroups.com/pictur...lbumID=4443689

have fun
    paul

Hai Paul, Hi Peter

First Paul:
    1) I'm not looking for an ECCR for the moment, so the Sport Kiss is almost half the price of an Evo for me. We will see later on, how I'll think an feel about the manual or electronic, I'm open for experience, ... step by step. (so the price is approx. 4000 € against 7500 € + + + en something like delivery in 4 weeks en delivery in 10 months !!!). I'm shure the Evo is good (but so is the Ouros., ...)
    2) I can not say which type CL's will suit me best, but now prefer to keep my chest-area as clean as possible (the Sport Kiss will come also with over the shoulder CL's within short time, not ???)
    3) The kiss has most 'common' pieces, that would be available anywhere in the world, even in most local dive-shops.
    (4) Suppose (just suppose) I will not like the Sport Kiss, I'm not affraid I can sell it within short time, without loosing much money and make a new decission.

For Paul: Yes, I've seen your article and description of the rEvo in Hippocampus. All looks very nice and well made (and proven it works). It still remains a home-build (although the Kiss most probably also is an advanced home-build), I currently lacq the experience and time to start 'building' myself ... . Knowing myself, I will probably start within short time to 'fix' myself and 'improve' and 'modify' and try myself. So I'm very much interested, also in your knowhow ... but for the moment I want experience on a standard unit. On the other hand if you like, you can send me a quotation on my mail, I will certainly consider it ... .
    Information: Hippocampus is the magazine for the Belgian NELOS/CMAS divers.