+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sport KISS counterlung sizes

RBW Member prestby is an unknown quantity at this point prestby's Avatar

Sport KISS counterlung sizes

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who knows what size the Sport KISS counterlungs are? At Jetsams website (the price list) it says they are available in "small" and "large" sizes. Now I hear there actually are three sizes, small, medium and large. But I have have never seen the actual volume of the lungs...

I have been diving the Classic with 6 litre counterlungs (2 + 4 litre bags) and would like to find the same config for the Sport.

/Mikael

No bubbles photo anny is an unknown quantity at this point anny's Avatar

Talking

Hi Micke,

sending live from our IANTD course on the Sport Kiss in Vagnhärad.

The "Normal" Counterlungs have we measured with water is 4 liter each. I thought that they were to small for me after tersing on a Sport but now on day 2 in the water with the machine we have reduced the lung volumes with the "breathing bag restrictor" in the bottom of the sport to almost minimum.

Regards Anders

PS. Kul leksak DS,

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prestby
    I have been diving the Classic with 6 litre counterlungs (2 + 4 litre bags) and would like to find the same config for the Sport.
    AFAIK, there is only size of CL for the Sport-KISS so far.

If you use 2 + 4 liter bags on the CK, you won't have any problem on the SK as far as max volume. Remember that the SK has CL "restrictor/adjuster" so you could set the total CL size to anything you like. So far, I have seen most people use the middle setting for MLV.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    AFAIK, there is only size of CL for the Sport-KISS so far.

If you use 2 + 4 liter bags on the CK, you won't have any problem on the SK as far as max volume. Remember that the SK has CL "restrictor/adjuster" so you could set the total CL size to anything you like. So far, I have seen most people use the middle setting for MLV.
    WIth the normal bags they ship, I need the restrictor plat at its fully open position!! If I take a really full breath, I am right on the edge of setting off the OPV.. Its just takes the slightest extra to blow out the OPV.. Gordon told me I have the medium lungs and he has bigger lungs if I want them.. For women Kim told me they generally would ship smaller lungs. Gordon is about the same size as me and he needs to have the restrictor plate in the middle position..

Its also probably the reason that I get chipmunk cheeks if I go on my back much worse than others I have talked to since I have a higher volume of gas in my loop...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jradomski
    Its also probably the reason that I get chipmunk cheeks if I go on my back much worse than others I have talked to since I have a higher volume of gas in my loop...
    Just thinking out loud...

Shouldn't it be the same for everyone since the CL and your own lungs should be at same relative volume (assuming you are diving MLV) ?

So when anyone is on their back, the gas transfer between these 2 places are proportional the same, thus the percentage of overflow (i.e. chipmunk) should also be relatively the same.

And thanks for the info about different CL sizes on the SK.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    Just thinking out loud...

Shouldn't it be the same for everyone since the CL and your own lungs should be at same relative volume (assuming you are diving MLV) ?

So when anyone is on their back, the gas transfer between these 2 places are proportional the same, thus the percentage of overflow (i.e. chipmunk) should also be relatively the same.

And thanks for the info about different CL sizes on the SK.
    There is still a hydrostatic imbalance and there is a pressure differential (its not much but it does have an efeect), If your loop is balanced to have a certain amount of gas "above" you, when you are on your back it wants to do the same.. Your mounth is now no longer at a higher pressure..

If you are absolute mlv their will be a small difference, if you have a little extra, its a bigger difference (obviously depth also comes into play), gas always wants to migrate to thge lowest pressure and balance it.. someone with a small tidal volume (or one thats normal volume is not drastically different than their full capacity) will have the plate keep the volume down, but in my case my "normal" and my "deep breathing" capacites are vastly different so in my case the OPV does little to keep the volume constant.. If I set it for normal breathing, the ADV fires on every deep inhale and the OPV vents on a deep exhale..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

No bubbles photo anny is an unknown quantity at this point anny's Avatar
    If you check the Jetsam pricelist they actually lists two different lung sizes for the Sport Kiss.

//Anders

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski
    ... but in my case my "normal" and my "deep breathing" capacites are vastly different...
    I can't say the same for me since they don't differ that much. May be your "normal" breathing is actually too shallow.

RBW Member prestby is an unknown quantity at this point prestby's Avatar
    I sent a mail to Jetsam and asked about the sizes. Kim Smith replied that there are three sizes available but they have so far never shipped the largest size. Guess that the largest size actually is a bit too large to be generally recommended or that the website is just a bit out dated.

/Mikael

+ Reply to Thread