+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Right you lot..take notice, Chrissie's on her high horse

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

Re: Right you lot..take notice, Chrissie's on her high horse

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee  View Original Post

That's dead on, and not just in the UK. We see it in Florida as well (4 fatalities in a single week this year).

I admire you for sticking around- I'm sure it has been a difficult thing. Hugs from this side of the pond!

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee  View Original Post
    ...knowing my luck they'll bounce...
    There must be a joke about what does an Ann Summers rabbit and an Inspo have in common somewhere, but as I'm a bit outnumbered I'm not going to suggest a punchline.

sounds like a trollop CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee's Avatar

Heather, thank you for the good wishes, they are much appreciated. So sorry to hear about what a bad week it has been safety-wise...

Freefy-Babe.. your post put the number of hits on this thread to 1962, which by some strange and spooky coincidence happens to be quite a number of years before I was born. I owe you cider.

Divetart Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs has a spectacular aura about Smudgegs's Avatar

Bump... tell me more about the rabbits Mmmm chocolate :D

sounds like a trollop CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee's Avatar

Right, back to the serious message behind this thread, and then we can let it go again until you lot next need a reminder. I do not intend to labour the point because that will dilute the message...but I just need to tell you this and then that will be it. This is very much a spur of the moment post, just like the one which started this thread. It just seemed appropriate to do it and wrap this thread up.

I made it. Sometimes I did'nt think I was going to, but here I am. One year and still standing. Even still smiling some of the time.

Milestones missed by him in that year; his son became a man two seconds after he watched me take that phone call. 2 weeks later, he turned 18.
    8 weeks after, his daughter had her 15th birthday and should have won an Oscar for the performance she portrayed of going about the business of enjoying your own party. It didn't fool anyone who knew her well.
    First Father's Day without him; he would have been so proud of his kids that day. Well, prouder than usual. A week later, our 20th wedding anniversary...I wish I could say , the first without a card, but the bugger always forgot. For that matter, so did I. But at least he had a good excuse this year.
    November, my 28th birthday again..first one in 26 years without a card from him.
    December a party with yet again a noticeable absentee...lead up to Christmas which although we tried, like everything else...rang hollow.
    Valentine's Day, no card, no roses, no lilies, no chocolate. No change there then...I got them all through the year instead, just because he felt like buying them for me.
    His first birthday away from home...42. Ok..if I can be 28 next birthday, he can be 41 for ever. I'll let him have that one.
    Mother's Day...how do you slip your kids money to buy your own Mother's Day prezzies?
    And back to Easter, then finally April 16th. 365 days of living without him. Loved and missed yesterday, today and forever more.

Today it was important to mark the day in a way that will serve a useful purpose, because it will remind you again of what you miss if it all goes wrong. I'm sure you will indulge me in that. Because of him and the milestones he missed in his family's life so far, and for the sake of those who love you, stay safe and take care. You would be missed just like this man is.

Thanks to all those who have helped us through the wobbles when we were in danger of not being able to stay standing over this past year. You did it sometimes without realising. The over-riding emotional states of the past year have been despair, and at best, neutral. Nothingness. But every now and again, we have been lifted a little past 'neutral' because you kept me smiling. You made me laugh. You have been irreverent, downright cheeky and at times, just plain rude. Just like he was with me. And it was just what I needed, and if it helps me, it helps my kids and he would have approved wholeheartedly. He always approved of laughter. He believed that however bad things were, if you could find something to laugh at in the middle of it all…well, you couldn't be beaten.

x Christine. Still standing, still not beaten, and sometimes still smiling.
    Last edited by CeeBee; 17th April 2007 at 17:30. Reason: I forgot our wedding anniversary!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6