+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: New Megalodon Forums

New Member maischan is an unknown quantity at this point maischan's Avatar

Re: New Megalodon Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver  View Original Post
    Yes certainly, it gives a one-stop access point for Leon and the Instructors to discuss matters that concern both parties, potential modofications, new products, training issues and the such like.

This information will not be for circulation as it will concern only those parties.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.
    What if some instructors are not part of RBW. Is Leon will provide them with latest information about the points you listed Dave using his own channel. Or is Leon going to provide these informations only on RBW forum now.

Do you see a risk for knowledge to be restricted to some instructors if they do not inform their students periodically starting from now?
    What will be the process this close forum members will follow to descide if the issue they discuss is potentially going to save one user life on the field? How long this descision process will take? Who will own the risk of keeping information too long before to push it in the reading space?

Do you really think there are sensitive data ONLY instructors should know and not the rest when it come to modifications new product or training issues?

I think that at the end there is some risk in the approach. But maybe I do not have the right picture of what the RBW team is trying to do.

i ko nix dafüa seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu's Avatar
    sf 1,?

jj,mccr-inspi,classic,rgfüm

hai
    i don`t like this idea.one inspi list is enough.
    gruss sepp

Decodiver

Quote Originally Posted by maischan  View Original Post
    What if some instructors are not part of RBW. Is Leon will provide them with latest information about the points you listed Dave using his own channel. Or is Leon going to provide these informations only on RBW forum now. .
    I do not think the RBW Instructor forum will be the only medium Leon will use to interface with his instructors.

Do you see a risk for knowledge to be restricted to some instructors if they do not inform their students periodically starting from now?
    What will be the process this close forum members will follow to descide if the issue they discuss is potentially going to save one user life on the field? How long this descision process will take? Who will own the risk of keeping information too long before to push it in the reading space?.
    If you think that any issue that would save someone's life would be kept secret by ISC then you have no understanding of what they are about. Issues like that would be in the public domain straightaway.

Do you really think there are sensitive data ONLY instructors should know and not the rest when it come to modifications new product or training issues?.
    Absoulutely. There will be ideas that need to be discussed between Instructors and the Manufacturer, training issues being paramount. The manufacturer has asked for this.

I think that at the end there is some risk in the approach. But maybe I do not have the right picture of what the RBW team is trying to do.
    The users forum is public, the Instructor one is not, if someone has such a burning desire to be a member of the Instructor forum then they can apply to do an instructor course, there is nothing Machiavellian going on here, trust me.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

RBW Member Philip Greenwood is an unknown quantity at this point Philip Greenwood's Avatar

Is this going to be a "sticky" thread in the Megalodon section?

On another point. I can see an issue or new product being discussed in the "read only" section for owners only. Whereby there is instantly 2-4-8 qustions posted by inquiring minds in the general RW forums wanting information or elaboration on these issues.

I understand what the moderators are trying to do here. But when a new product or issue is posted in a read only format everyone here who has a question will want an answer. There may be cross posted questions 10-1 for everyone within the read only section as prospective meg-inquiring minds will want answers.

Phil

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

I dont believe the ISC forum should be used as a discussion forum. That should be done at the Megalodon forum on RBW.
    Where anyone can participate.

The ISC forum, should mainly be downstream, the manufacturer, can post information to the owners. And can respond to problem. If the ISC forum, start to get several new threads and posts every day, it WILL loose effect, cause there is no way that Leon or Steve will have any opportunity to read the posts yet alone to answer any.

Just my 2 cents

/Jonny

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

If anything, I'm impressed that Leon agreed to have the forum open (i.e. visible) to all readers, that may well be the best PR move yet. Anyone intrested in the unit can read about how he deals with his customers.

If this works out well Kim from Jetsam and Shas from SMI may well want to follow suit.
    Which I believe would be good for both RBW as well as the manufacturers.

Regarding the instructor forum, there is one at Scubaboard that is only open to instructors also. I have no problems with that as it allows instructors with different backgrounds to toss ideas around, and get feedback from one another as well as the manufacturer.

If anyone else wants to do so we have the training forum, and if something relevant comes up I'm sure manufacturers will be pointed to it in their respective forums or by PM.

Great idea, thanks to Stuart and Dave for setting it up and Leon to give it a try.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK  View Original Post
    I agree, an instructor only forum is fair enough but it would be a pity to loose some of the interesting Meg related discussions that happen here.

Simon
    i agree with you... i think if Leon wanted to share things with his instructors, then we could be sending an email to a group.

Indeed some discussions are very interesting to read. i hope that things don't change a lot. i do agree about the meg forum.

Cheers.

Cheeky Monkey........... Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans's Avatar

OK, I am new to all this:p

But my view is simple.

The instructors Forum is for Professionals

The other is for Amateurs.

I really don't see a problem. And I know I will always be an Amateur;)
    And I am quite proud of that.:)

Also I belive that if something came up in the Pro thread, that had a direct impact on the other, it would be passed on in a constructive and educational way.
    Last edited by Paul Evans; 5th April 2007 at 20:28.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4