+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cave Diving Mexico

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

Re: Cave Diving Mexico

Gee- My experience with Pro-Tec was... well... shit.

I traded several emails with them in the months prior to our trip. I specified that we would be renting STEEL 19's, as well as bailout bottles for 2. I confirmed all of this prior to our departure and was assured that the bottles would be there and ready for us. When we went to pick them up- they were ALUMINUM 19's, and none of the bottles was filled. Additionally- there was no one at Pro Tec who could fill them. We wasted a full day driving all over the damned Riviera Maya looking for the "jungle fill station". We lost a full day of diving due to this snafu. When we returned the bottles there was no one there who knew how or what to charge us. I simply had to leave my credit card number and hope for the best.

I will NEVER~EVER~ do business with Pro-Tec again. It was, in my experience, an amazingly shoddily run operation.

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by hchoat  View Original Post

I traded several emails with them in the months prior to our trip. I specified that we would be renting STEEL 19's, as well as bailout bottles for 2. I confirmed all of this prior to our departure and was assured that the bottles would be there and ready for us. When we went to pick them up- they were ALUMINUM 19's, and none of the bottles was filled. Additionally- there was no one at Pro Tec who could fill them. We wasted a full day driving all over the damned Riviera Maya looking for the "jungle fill station". We lost a full day of diving due to this snafu. When we returned the bottles there was no one there who knew how or what to charge us. I simply had to leave my credit card number and hope for the best.

I will NEVER~EVER~ do business with Pro-Tec again. It was, in my experience, an amazingly shoddily run operation.
    Gota love a girl that speaks her mind!
    don't mess with Heather.

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

yo

sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

greetings
    Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Oh please
    So your tanks weren't filled. If that's the worst thing that happens to you while diving you should be grateful.
    We just finished 2 weeks of tech diving in Thailand. Dragging a gas powered compressor to mosquito infested swamps in search of caves. Sometimes when you step away from the land of McDonalds and Starbucks you have to suffer a little inconvenience but that is part of the adventure.
    Haven't you got something better to whine about?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member mbelair is an unknown quantity at this point mbelair's Avatar

[quote=hchoat;189219]Gee- My experience with Pro-Tec was... well... shit.

We wasted a full day driving all over the damned Riviera Maya looking for the "jungle fill station". We lost a full day of diving due to this snafu. [quote]

The "Jungle Fill Station" is Cuzel.

They are at Km 264.5 on the west side of the road. They cater quality air fills, O2 and Nitrox.

As far as I know, only Matt has THE PUMP.

I have had excellent service at all three fill stations. On my last trip, we filled mostly at Robbie's because it was more convenient and because you can't do anything but feel good doing business with him.

When we needed higher fills we took the time to drive back to Playa. We carried a transfer whip and had Protec top an 80cf of O2 so we could save time of commuting.

I have never had anything but highly professional service at Protec.

RBW Member VIKTOR66 is an unknown quantity at this point VIKTOR66's Avatar
    HOLLIS PRISM2

EVOLUTION

Hi, I have a haskel in Playa del Carmen. If you need some fills let me know I could fill your O2 tanks. But it will be 40 miles away of Tulum. Not very convenient to drive back and forth every day. I have several sets of 2 lts tanks for evolution. I could rent you some tanks. Maybe that could help.

Bill Reals breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

KISS Classic

Bil Philips can source just about anything and is in Tulum.

Speleotech

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Only used Protec the once but Mat and his minions worked hard to keep us happy all week. Mind you we were on a course so we had the full attention of the man himself

No problem with tanks or 02 fills.

If you can find a center closer (Isn't there a GUE type place on the main drag just out side Tulim?) fine, but if not Id be happy going back to Protec.

Mind you it wont be the same without the de-briefs ripping in to me and telling me how crap I am at cave diving :D

ATB

Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2