+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Undeserved hits / Is it possible to make sure we dont get em?

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: Undeserved hits / Is it possible to make sure we dont get em?

Hi Mary, glad you're recovering and are back home.
    Hope you can enjoy the Easter holidays,
    wishing you the best and a full recovery.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: Undeserved hits / Is it possible to make sure we dont get em?

Stuart,
    the only sure fire way not to get bent is don't get in the water.. Go play golf or some other land based sport at SEA LEVEL..

Quote Originally Posted by schford  View Original Post
    So I was reading some stuff from DAN who were saying that 57 off percent of all hits are 'undeserved' and it got me thinking had I and my dive buddies just been lucky?

I got to wondering what they meant by that - did they mean that the profile of the dive meant that the person should not have got bent or did they do some real analysis? Did they think about work rate, temperature, Hydration, alcohol consumption, rate of ascent etc etc or is just one of those throw away lines.

Oh he was only at 40m for 10mins he shoudl not have got bent that is undeserved!

The fact that he went up like a rocket ran up the beach and wolfed a few beers would not enter into it

So that got me thinking then outside of following the computer what should we be doing? I have my own little routine but I wondered how to imprive on it and learn form you all....

To share I will start

1 - I always make sure I am hydrated before a dive and for a big one will take some of those squeezy iso balanced drinks to drink on the boring deco stops.

2 - I always ascend real slow with plenty of deep stops to hopefully stop bubbles forming (following RGBM).

3 - Plenty of shallow stops following GF to get rid of the bubbles in case they formed.

4 - Gentle finning around on the stops to encourage off gassing...

5 - Very regular flushes of my counter lungs to get rid of the nasty He I am off gassing and make sure I am breathing lovely O2.

6 - Pass my kit up use a lift and sit breathing my breather on O2 for at least 10 mins still doing counter lung flushes with O2 to make sure I am not breathing He.

7 - Not much beer in the night and none for at least 4 hours...

Kind of an aside but I always run the dives in GAP before hand to check out RGBM and GF deco schedules and to make sure I have enough bailout but also to have in the back of my mind how much padding to do if I get an oopsy like a dry suit flood whch would lower my temp so make me much mroe likely to get a hit...

Well thats mine......anyone else?
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re:

Just noticed it's your b-day today.
    Wish you a happy birthday and a full recovery.
    Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6