+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Worthington 19 tanks?

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Worthington 19 tanks?

I've noticed on the XS scuba website the X19 pony tanks are 19 cuft at 3442 psi. Now if you view the page in metric it says it has a internal volume of 2.6L with a working pressure of 230 bar.

I have a neat little program I downloaded off the internet called GMP with it I can do conversions metric to imperial (vice versa) and mix calculations. Anyways when I put 2.6L and 230 bar and convert it to imperial it gives me 21.1 cuft at 3337.6 psi. Now if I just change the pressure to 206 bar it give me close to 19 cuft at 3000 psi. I'm at bit confused could someone please clear this up?

Scott

Dave Mitchell akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst's Avatar
    KISS Classic Explorer

Kiss Classic

Re: Worthington 19 tanks?

On the Sea Pearls site they list them as 3130+ Don't know about the conversion and there aren't any volume spec's on the Sea Pearls site but that should mean 19 feet at 3443.

Good Question

Dave
    Last edited by akscubainst; 31st March 2007 at 03:27. Reason: typo

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

much rounding is done when "naming" tank sizes... AL 80cuft, not actually 80cuft... AL 19cuft actaully just under 20cuft....

either way the worthingtons are HEAVY! I have a buddy, both he and I recently started diving Mk15's... the worthington 30 fits perfect, size wise. he got one, WAY WAY but heavy! I think their like -6lbs/ full! as if the rigs are a$$ heavy enough!

just my thoughts...

hoppyinca

Helium Addict O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver's Avatar

Sea Pearls catalog lists the X4-19 as 3130+ PSI (3443) and a True capacity based on water volume of 23.0 cuft.

Ted

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Diver  View Original Post
    Sea Pearls catalog lists the X4-19 as 3130+ PSI (3443) and a True capacity based on water volume of 23.0 cuft.

Ted
    23 cuft at 3443? Check this out as is says 19 cuft at 3443
    XS Scuba Worthington Steel Cylinder Specifications

Who cares

A few

John Harcus jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver's Avatar
    rEvo

Copis Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by sensor330  View Original Post
    I have a neat little program I downloaded off the internet called GMP with it I can do conversions metric to imperial (vice versa) and mix calculations.
    Scott
    Do you have a link the program can be downloaded from?

Regards;

Helium Addict O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sensor330  View Original Post
    23 cuft at 3443? Check this out as is says 19 cuft at 3443
    XS Scuba Worthington Steel Cylinder Specifications
    Lee (Leadking on RBW) who used to own Sea Pearls is a pretty avid tech diver and meticulous when it comes to these things. I would believe him first. If it's really important, you could always PM him.

Ted

www.rebreather.com.br zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave's Avatar
    O2ptima / Dolphin / rEvo

well, one problem regarding all these conversions is the fact that usually we "metric users" name our tanks in terms of their internal volume at atmospheric pressure, kind of "how much water can I put inside this tank? Some x liters". Besides that, we always have a max rated pressure, who has nothing to do with the internal volume.
    On the other hand, inperial users like their tanks named with the total volume of gas at the rated pressure. So, whatever rated pressure the tanks has, it will act upon the total volume and thus in the name of the tank.
    In this case I believe someone just made a confusion out of the names, volumes, etc.
    Scott, the calculations made by that software are correct, used it many times and it works just fine.
    Now, the Xs site says those tanks are 19 cuft at 3442 psi of pressure, I personaly believe the error is there, those tanks should be 19 cuft at 3130 psi.

Zé.

John Harcus jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver's Avatar
    rEvo

Copis Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by zmcave  View Original Post
    Now, the Xs site says those tanks are 19 cuft at 3442 psi of pressure, I personaly believe the error is there, those tanks should be 19 cuft at 3130 psi.

Zé.
    I am not so certain that I agree with you on this point. Most cylinder manufacturers (if not all) I am aware of rate the volume of their cylinders at the + rated pressure. I do believe the Worthington's are 19 cuft at the 3442 PSI rating, hence the "True capacity at 3442 PSI" statement listed on thier website is correct.

On another note, the 19cuft Worthingtons are shorter and slightly fatter than the Faber's and cannot be much heavier. I am considering them for my Megalodon, in favor of the "Goalposts".

Regards;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast