+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Its finished at last !!

New Member Andy is an unknown quantity at this point Andy's Avatar

Its finished at last !!

Its taken 6 months to get this baby finished but today i got there.

It started out it life as a Drager FGT but now only the case remains and a few hoses:

Its running a hammer head as a parachute and a kiss valve as the main heart of the unit. I have used YBOB counter lungs and hoses to the OC/DSV. Ihave also made a buddy light that its wire into the hammer head i have modified a scubber from kerry to take the cells and valve it was a toght suqeeze but it all went in i lost a bit of room in the scrubber but its only the mark 1 so there is room for improvment on scubber size as it only holds about 2.2kg. I was a bit worried about runn9ing a kiss valve with electronics but on the dry dive today they worked ok but we will see whats like in the water testing on tuesday hopfully sorry for the crap pics but i coudnt wait any longer to show it off. Thanks to narked@90 who got me a few parts made up im sure hes fed up with it already more pics to follow after testing in the pool
    Attached Images

New Member Andy is an unknown quantity at this point Andy's Avatar

it works !!!!!!!!!!

just got back from a trip to stoney first dive on the new rig i ran a set piont of .7 for both dives with Kiss valve running and letting the hammer head make up the set piont. Im glad to say that it worked better than i hoped. narked@90 was the all seeimg eye just a few probs with two small leaks and these were from production parts (ybod) other than that scrubber worked well breathing resistace was near nothing. Hud never missed a beat and the buddy light needs a tweek so buddies can see it better. ocdsv worked fine all in all very good dive for the first two. Pics to follow

andy

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    just got back from a trip to stoney first dive on the new rig i ran a set piont of .7 for both dives with Kiss valve running and letting the hammer head make up the set piont. Im glad to say that it worked better than i hoped. narked@90 was the all seeimg eye just a few probs with two small leaks and these were from production parts (ybod) other than that scrubber worked well breathing resistace was near nothing. Hud never missed a beat and the buddy light needs a tweek so buddies can see it better. ocdsv worked fine all in all very good dive for the first two. Pics to follow

andy

Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaa

There's nothing quite like the feeling you get from the first dive on something you built yourself, especially when all goes generally as planned.

2 thumbs up,

Darlene

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

Thumbs up

hi Andy well done mate it's taken a long time and a lot tears and tantrums

here's a few pictures from yesterday the rest are still to follow when the underwater stuff is developed
    http://www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk/gallery/rebreathers and click on ANDY'S BEAST

hope your looking forward to the grand unveiling at the weekends gig
    kindest regards john routley
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    Andy,

Congratulations!! There is nothing like diving your own beast glad to see she behaved and all is well!!!

+ Reply to Thread