+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite wreck....

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

What is your favourite wreck....

I thought I would ask this as we would all get to learn of some really nice wrecks to dive....

so

1 - What is your Favourite Wreck

2 - Where is it

3 - What depth

4 - What is on it / why is it your favourite....

I shall go first

1 - James Egan Lane

2 - Cornwall, UK

3 - Oh maybe 20ms

4 - As it is the first time I dived with Sarah in the UK (awwwww) and it is such a gorgeous wreck, with loads of swim throughs and life on it.....great viz often too

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schford
    I thought I would ask this as we would all get to learn of some really nice wrecks to dive....

so

2 - Where is it

3 - What depth

I shall go first

1 - James Egan Lane

2 - Cornwall, UK

3 - Oh maybe 20ms

4 - As it is the first time I dived with Sarah in the UK (awwwww) and it is such a gorgeous wreck, with loads of swim throughs and life on it.....great viz often too

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

After last weeks diving....

1 - The Flying Enterprise
    2 - about 44 miles out of Plymouth
    3 - 84m
    4 - The wreck is ENORMOUS and in good condition, water is gin clear and it's like a cathedral inside. Its the sort of dive where you get out of the water 235 mins later, and remember that it really is worth all the effort.... even OC

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar

1. President Coolidge

2. Vanuatu (I know, it's far from everywhere)

3. From 12 to 60m

4. Doing a shore dive on the wreck of a cruise liner, in warm water, and so many things to see, it's almost "a dream comes true".

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar
    1 - LE POLYNESIEN http://www.es-conseil.fr/pramona/polynes.htm

2 - 1 mile out from Zonqor Point (Malta - Europe)

3 - Max depth 65m

4 - In Malta we call it the plate ship, and it is full of plates. It's very long and narrow 153m long and 15m width. It is still in a good shape and offers some nice penetrations. Water as you can expect is very clear and in summer bottom temp. 16'c , with deco at 26'c.

RBW Member DaveP is an unknown quantity at this point DaveP's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic, Mk 6

Evolution, Lama LBS

1. Rosalie Moller

2. Red Sea

3. 48m max 32m to deck

Upright, intact with masts still standing. Funnel was still in place until some boat skipper dragged it off several years ago.

Smelling Dairy Air Bear has a spectacular aura about Bear has a spectacular aura about Bear has a spectacular aura about Bear has a spectacular aura about Bear has a spectacular aura about Bear has a spectacular aura about Bear's Avatar
    Even though this wreck is not in my home state, there is just something about it that keeps calling me back to it!!

This IS one of MY images btw but Trevor Jackson from Esperance Star is welcome to use it.

1 - What is your Favourite Wreck - The St Paul

2 - Where is it - Brisbane, Australia (north of Morton Island)

3 - What depth - 39m- 42M

4 - What is on it / why is it your favourite.... because it would have to be the wreck that I have been on that just has a mystery all of it's own. I have never dived on anything else like it... It has BIG stuff on it and is surrounded by fishlife, a true oasis in the middle of a sandy desert that just attracts so much life to it. I have dived it around 6-7 times now and only had one "bad" dive on it...

These next images are from my second dive on it:

I have done the Coolidge as well but felt that it is more like a sideshow where the guides pull magic bits out of their stash without any true "exploring" available to the "punters" and you travel a well beaten path.

Cheers

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

The Charlwood ("Glasswreck")

2 - Where is it

Plymouth, UK

3 - What depth

65ish

Would have been the Mexico, but this beats it for the shear abundance of SPIDGE! :)
    Imagine a boat loaded with glassware, Victorian glassware. Cut the top off it and throw it away. Sink what's left... Intact glasses, tumblers and the odd decanter everywhere - like diving on a skip!

Root around under the sides and you'll see huge conger and lots of lobsters. Shoals of pollack and bib loiter around the wreck.

I think conditions make a wreck dive. On this occasion there was no tide, it was a bright, sunny day and the vis was 7 to 10m (good for UK). A little technical because of the depth just to keep things interesting.... And a guarantee of intact glassware!

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Le Donator.
    link 1: http://scubaspot.free.fr/epaves/donator.html
    link 2: http://www.sportextreme.com/phdilo5001/

2 - Where is it
    Porquerolle, France.

3 - What depth
    40-50 m

Typical of the Med's wrecks. One of the best wrecks in this area with lots of life. Lots of other around.
    With some experience of the area and a good compass and a DPV and a RB you can visit Le Donator and Le Grec (another wreck nearby: http://scubaspot.free.fr/epaves/grec.html) during the same dive.

Best
    Philippe

Dude Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN
    Le Donator.
    Yes its very good! I prefer the greek though.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN
    With some experience of the area and a good compass and a DPV and a RB you can visit Le Donator and Le Grec during the same dive.
    Flipping heck. Has anyone actually done this? I thought they were about a mile apart. How do you do this without racking up some crazy deco?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast